World Cup Final

yootalkin2me

If Croatia go on to win it (and I hope they do because they've not won it before) at least England can say they were beaten in the semi by the World Champions.

And after the debacles of Cappello and Allerdyce we now have pride restored, in Southgate we have a manager who is also a decent person.

Edited by yootalkin2me
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

England deserved the win in 1966, they could have again in 1970 and 1974.

Since that they have been shit, but seemed to live on their past glory and thought they were much better than they were.

Their management has been dreadful and the team have paid the price

England just are not good enough. Why can't they see that. Most other nations have come on in leaps and bounds, but good old England live in the past. (as always)

1 minute ago, dilligaf said:

England deserved the win in 1966, they could have again in 1970 and 1974.

Since that they have been shit, but seemed to live on their past glory and thought they were much better than they were.

Their management has been dreadful and the team have paid the price

England just are not good enough. Why can't they see that. Most other nations have come on in leaps and bounds, but good old England live in the past. (as always)

Utter shite, they have changed and come on loads over the padt decade or so. This team are not a bunch of primadonnas accompanied by the media circus thst is The WAGS and we now have a good msn at the helm with oone of, if not the youngest squad in the tournament.....and the ghost of going out in penalties has been well and truly exorcised.

4 minutes ago, yootalkin2me said:

Utter shite, they have changed and come on loads over the padt decade or so. This team are not a bunch of primadonnas accompanied by the media circus thst is The WAGS and we now have a good msn at the helm with oone of, if not the youngest squad in the tournament.....and the ghost of going out in penalties has been well and truly exorcised.

Wrong, my friend. They are second division at best. Maybe the wags could have played better.

Edited by dilligaf

2 minutes ago, yootalkin2me said:

Well you're entitled to your opinion but I disagree, and on that I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I don't have an issue with that. We are all individuals and have differing opinions.  Just you wait till the Isle of Man enter a team :)

Just been corrected by my son who says the Isle of Man can not enter as not recognised by FIFA or whoever.

Edited by dilligaf

22 minutes ago, yootalkin2me said:

England were poor. Croatia were the first decent side they played (can't say much about the Belgium game as that was a nothing game) and they were outclassed. They had an easy route to the semi final and as i say first decent side they face they get beat. Croatia had played 2 120 minute games and still looked fitter. England are miles behind the top teams.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

England were poor. Croatia were the first decent side they played (can't say much about the Belgium game as that was a nothing game) and they were outclassed. They had an easy route to the semi final and as i say first decent side they face they get beat. Croatia had played 2 120 minute games and still looked fitter. England are miles behind the top teams.

Correct thommo,

Capture11.JPG

3 hours ago, yootalkin2me said:

If England win tonight and get to the World Cup Final should a big screen be erected at Noble's Park or  The Villa Marina Gardens so that the match can be shown?

I for one definitely wouldn't mind at all rates or tax money being used to do this.

Can someone tell David Christian to put the white sheet back into the linen cupboard. ? It won't be needed for the screening. 

• Haha 1

What's this offside ruley thingy again?

Even on Radio 4 they were quite cynical about Englands chances, so to get to this stage must surely be a fillip?

If you follow a sport, then the quality of the game is the important point, not the jingoism of a particular favourite surely?

It seems to me, who hasn't watched a single match, that Engerland did a lot better that expected, isn't that something for English people to celebrate?

However, what it has done is to open up the debate again on English identity, as opposed to British,  combined, cohesive identity of the group of Lands that are politically joined though a combined Parliament. If this game of football is to be a portent of things to come, then there is a major debate to be had on how this individual identity of Countries is to pan out and, more importantly, how willl this afect the Isle of Man?

Time for Manx Nationalism to raise its ugly head? To strongly support our interests?

2 hours ago, yootalkin2me said:

In what way is it not factual, there are thousands of Premier League teams' supporters on this island and well you know it.

They should support the local teams instead of shoring up PL players obscene salaries.

• Like 1