World Cup Final

yootalkin2me

I like watching football and followed my home teams diligently. Or used to. No more.

Since footballers are able to "create" certain situations that they or someone else has bet on reduces it to the level of a one armed bandit.

Very apt.

Won't be watching the match today. None of them have any integrity left.

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Have't the laws of the game been changed since that event to prevent that from happening again?

It was against the rules at the time. The player, the director of rugby, a physiotherapist received lengthy bans and the GMC suspended a doctor. 

That's what's so telling about the incident, it was organised at the highest level of the club. It wasn't just a player acting in the heat of the moment, or even a rogue player taking a bribe, it was a management decision to get an advantage. That's an extreme illustration of what I hate about Rugby it so pragmatic and passionless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thommo2010 said:

To be fair fc iom could have gave them a tougher match. Iran were terrible. England will go far but that back 4 will be their undoing 

FC IOM got thrashed by fucking 'Winsford'.

A small town that's so unremarkable its main claim to fame is having a Ford dealership. 

Edited by 0bserver
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, Passing Time said:

That’s a poor quality video of a few singing a song believed to be about a person enslaved preferring death to slavery. Sang by a few pissed up rugby heads who think a team dancing like girls (“the Hakka”) is something to behold.

Whereas listening to  the crowd sing “Abide with me” at an F A Cup final will truly make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

That’s a poor quality video of a few singing a song believed to be about a person enslaved preferring death to slavery. Sang by a few pissed up rugby heads who think a team dancing like girls (“the Hakka”) is something to behold.

Whereas listening to  the crowd sing “Abide with me” at an F A Cup final will truly make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.

Never ending nonsense from the Not the voice of anything. That happened to be 70,000

5 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

To be fair fc iom could have gave them a tougher match. Iran were terrible. England will go far but that back 4 will be their undoing 

Which Southgate alluded to in his washup interview.

The only football I watch is the FA Cup Final, the odd Champions League and the World Cup. So I was pleasantly surprised at how entertaining the game was with top skills being on show especially in front of goal. Of course VAR had to show up how haphazard refereeing is and added to already too much stoppage time.

I'll probably watch some more...