World Cup Final

yootalkin2me

As if this World Cup couldn't sink any lower, I see that the FA have caved in to FIFA on the One Love captain's armband and are "asking" captains not to wear them. It seems even this most teeny-tiny token gesture is too much for the suits that run the game. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Declan said:

As if this World Cup couldn't sink any lower, I see that the FA have caved in to FIFA on the One Love captain's armband and are "asking" captains not to wear them. It seems even this most teeny-tiny token gesture is too much for the suits that run the game. 

It really is the most blatantly corrupt sporting event ever held. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Have't the laws of the game been changed since that event to prevent that from happening again?

Well one would have hoped that the laws of the game would have prohibited it from happening at the time of the incident. Even “ ungentlemanly conduct” as a catch all. 

2 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well one would have hoped that the laws of the game would have prohibited it from happening at the time of the incident. Even “ ungentlemanly conduct” as a catch all. 

Agreed but like most sports changes in laws/rules tends to be an evolving process supposedly to improve the game/sport. Sometimes that doesn't happen. This is one such case.