World Cup Final

yootalkin2me

38 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Keane was a thug on the field and still is off it. Has nothing to say. Wrighty may be a clown but he has a real passion for England. He just can't articulate it very well.

Last night was reality time:

We played decent stuff in the first half but were rubbish for most of the second. Panic stations at the back once Croatia started playing.

No presence or control of the midfield. Nothing up front in the second half.

Kane never stepped up to the world stage as we were told he would. Neither did anyone else. Pickford and Maguire were our best players.

Southgate comes out with a lot of credit but he couldn't turn things round once we reverted to the old England.

We'll never, ever, have as good a chance again to reach the Final.

The most accurate post to date.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Keane was a thug on the field and still is off it. Has nothing to say. Wrighty may be a clown but he has a real passion for England. He just can't articulate it very well.

Last night was reality time:

We played decent stuff in the first half but were rubbish for most of the second. Panic stations at the back once Croatia started playing.

No presence or control of the midfield. Nothing up front in the second half.

Kane never stepped up to the world stage as we were told he would. Neither did anyone else. Pickford and Maguire were our best players.

Southgate comes out with a lot of credit but he couldn't turn things round once we reverted to the old England.

We'll never, ever, have as good a chance again to reach the Final.

Hadn't realised it was the Isle of Man side LOL

• Like 1

England (IMHO from the pub) played well and controlled much of the first half whilst they were clearly comfortable playing at THEIR pace.

Croatia came out for the second half a different team. Pace was upped and they were more aggressive. England didn't seem to know how to handle it and it clearly pushed them out of their comfort zone as individuals and as a team. Result was, being pushed back and desperate and slack defending.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, pongo said:

Isn't IOM football part of the English FA? I'm sure it used to be..

Indeed it is. The IOM FA is affiliated to the FA with county status.

One year they won the National League System Cup, a splendid achievement given the population, and went on to represent England in Europe, playing in England colours.

From Wiki:

In the 2005–06 season, the Isle of Man national team won The FA National League System Cup, a competition for amateur teams representing the leagues at Step 7 of the National League System with a few other leagues permitted by the FA. The Isle of Man beat the Cambridgeshire Football Association County League team 4–0 in the final and represented England in the UEFA Regions' Cup.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isle_of_Man_official_football_team

1 hour ago, the stinking enigma said:

Wright has no football insight whatsoever. He's a black robbie savage. Pure cliche and shite. It's a football show. You'd be as well putting sir nige on if it's just about overhamming patriotism. Keane is the best pundit on there

I quite like Bilic, especially if hes been hitting up the crack pipe before broadcast.

• Haha 1

The Glenn Hoddle commentary made me miss Kevin Keegan.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                I was waiting for him to say sins of a former life is why the team played badly.

Edited by Holte End

6 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

England (IMHO from the pub) played well and controlled much of the first half whilst they were clearly comfortable playing at THEIR pace.

Croatia came out for the second half a different team. Pace was upped and they were more aggressive. England didn't seem to know how to handle it and it clearly pushed them out of their comfort zone as individuals and as a team. Result was, being pushed back and desperate and slack defending.

How the hell Mandzukic wasn't seen or picked up by the English defenders is beyond me, he just strolled in and knocked in the goal.

20 hours ago, Kopek said:

Someone called Ferrdinand pLaying for  England?? Surely not??? Sounds like a Diego to me! nthat's what is wring with the Country today!

Persactement??? Exactly. As you said. Franglaise.

With feckin' names like Marcus, Fabian, Ashley, Ruben and all those double-barrel names, it's no wonder England haven't won the world cup since '66.

In '66 there was a Bobby, Jack, Ray, Ron, Geoff, Nobby, Gordon etc, proper men's names.  And they all played without shin pads.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

With feckin' names like Marcus, Fabian, Ashley, Ruben and all those double-barrel names, it's no wonder England haven't won the world cup since '66.

In '66 there was a Bobby, Jack, Ray, Ron, Geoff, Nobby, Gordon etc, proper men's names.  And they all played without shin pads.

Seems to be an awful amount of ballerinas playing football these days...

1 hour ago, Andy Onchan said:

Nobby took his teeth out too... 

• Haha 1