CLEARED

Neil Down

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=42095&headline=Nightmare%20over%3A%20Museum%20worker%20cleared%20of%20indecent%20assault&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2018

Just another reason why names should never be released until a conviction has been given. What a nightmare for him

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=42095&headline=Nightmare%20over%3A%20Museum%20worker%20cleared%20of%20indecent%20assault&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2018

Just another reason why names should never be released until a conviction has been given. What a nightmare for him

They seem to have now taken all the comments down as people seemed to largly be criticizing IOM Newspapers for naming him in advance. It’s a shitty thing to do when he’s not guilty of anything. 

Lazy arsed sensationalist "journalism" at its worst. Not for the first time either. I remember taking Butt to task over a court report many years ago. His so called court reporters weren't even in court yet he attributed his shitty comments to them even though they were wrong

He may have been told by the Deemster that he left Court an innocent man without a stain on his character, but it will show up on an advanced criminal record check for any job working with children or vulnerable as tried and acquitted and he can never get employment in those public facing roles again.

The fact that the jury returned a unanimous not guilty verdict in only 30 minutes illustrates that they had no truck with this case whatsoever. A review of the appropriateness of this prosecution is urgently required. Said review needs to consider the reliability of the child’s mother as a witness.

55 minutes ago, John Wright said:

He may have been told by the Deemster that he left Court an innocent man without a stain on his character, but it will show up on an advanced criminal record check for any job working with children or vulnerable as tried and acquitted and he can never get employment in those public facing roles again.

In that event would he be entitled to be compensated financially ?  

Just curious:flowers:

Tis said that the only policeman wanting this to go to a prosecution was the original investigating officer! Was it a rash decision or a necessary route to let the courts sort it out?

There will always be a stain in some peoples minds, apparently a not guilty verdict is not conclusive proof of innocence!

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

This is the second time I've heard of this advanced police check bullshit.

Questions I have:

1. If it's innocent until found guilty then in such an emotional type of charge how are names realesed before the conclusion of a guilty verdict let alone at all if found not guilty?

2. If found not guilty how the hell is it allowed that an advanced police check would show the case?

The law is an ass!!!

12 minutes ago, yootalkin2me said:

This is the second time I've heard of this advanced police check bullshit.

Questions I have:

1. If it's innocent until found guilty then in such an emotional type of charge how are names realesed before the conclusion of a guilty verdict let alone at all if found not guilty?

2. If found not guilty how the hell is it allowed that an advanced police check would show the case?

The law is an ass!!!

Read the bbc link I posted above. As soon as the judgment is on line I’ll link to that.

The judges did say that the law needed some rethinking.

Archived