MT Broadband Connection - No internet.

Noticed that the internet (Ultima) is dropping off randomly 10 secs to 3 minutes every day - sometimes 10 times at day.( I have a checker to log it). The Technicolour router is showing DSL connected and green lights but the router Log pages show that the router is not connected to the MT server. eventually it reconnects on its own.. I have asked MT to look at it but they cannot see anything at their end.

I don't think it is the cable Master socket to MT as during the failure the router is trying to connect to the MT server.

I have tried another router but same problem. The laptop doing the checking is connected by cable and when the internet is off it affects phones etc connected by WIFI.I have tried another laptop and result is the same.

Anyone with a similar problem and a fix?.

I get “dead” times, several times per day. Few minutes. 05.00, 06.00 and randomly through the day.

I recently upgraded to ultima+, which in my experience is slower than ultima for downloads but upload is good, which I use when travelling as I have sling box installed to access my sky package remotely.

To be fair MT set themselves up big time, a relative has a capped service that runs out occasionally, MT give you an option to pay to extend....  sometimes!

It is hidden most of the time so you have zero choice other than no internet,  when the screen does appear it gives you an option to select their developer account to top up, so how much testing did they actually do?

2 hours ago, Terminal said:

I hope you slagged off Manx Telecom on Facebook for the entire 3 weeks before realising it was actually your own fault. 

I think MT forget that 95% of their customers are not engineers, who don't understand the nuances of cables,  the effect of other telephone devices, or the impact of the proximity of other devices to the equipment (router) they have rented (from MT).

What do they expect people to do before becoming a customer? Get a BTec in electronics and comms? MT argued with me for 3 weeks that the fault was mine, I wasted numerous hours including hrs at the shop...until they realised the line couldn't provide the bandwidth and had to give me another router and a reduced tariff. And I'm an engineer.

Their customer service sucks IMO. The customer service management needs replacing and their support staff better trained, with far better checklists in place IMO.

14 hours ago, Terminal said:

I hope you slagged off Manx Telecom on Facebook for the entire 3 weeks before realising it was actually your own fault. 

I was with Sure. Their tech support guy was really good.

Archived