When is the next "Mountain Road" closure planned ?

LightBulb

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Maybe I've missed the point here, but to me, anyone who rides a pushbike is a cyclist. The stunt fella rides a pushbike.

Oops, I scrolled past that reference...:crying:

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2018 at 7:42 PM, twinkle said:

The mountain roads shut for a "Ford" test or sumfing next week or maybe next month.

When the mountain road is closed in snowey conditions, why don`t they let 4 x 4`s go on the road to get experience of difficult driving conditions, or would they charge for it, ( like they do for the Audi and Ford  ) road closures ?

2 hours ago, LightBulb said:

When the mountain road is closed in snowey conditions, why don`t they let 4 x 4`s go on the road to get experience of difficult driving conditions, or would they charge for it, ( like they do for the Audi and Ford  ) road closures ?

because the first sight of snow 4x4 are always the first to end up in ditches......

3 hours ago, LightBulb said:

Because most people that have 4x4s have great difficulty driving them on roads where there isn't snow. I recall laughing a lot at seeing stranded posh 4x4s up on the Mountain's oads in the snow as I passed them on my quad.

18 hours ago, LightBulb said:

Because it involves risk, and they might be criticized if they just let people make informed choices. Unlike having no upper speed limits where it’s OK for people to make their own judgement.  No risk there you see.

14 hours ago, doc.fixit said:

..........some of us that drive an off road vehicle which happens to be 4wd are really rather good in bad conditions...........:thumbsup:

He may well be referring to the school run mums who definitely don't know how to drive them...

6 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

Because it involves risk, and they might be criticized if they just let people make informed choices. Unlike having no upper speed limits where it’s OK for people to make their own judgement.  No risk there you see.

Wasen`t it the "Freddie Bell" incident that changed the "closing the road" when it snows idea ?

Archived