When is the next "Mountain Road" closure planned ?

LightBulb

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, hissingsid said:

Yes I hope they do not close it tomorrow because of today's weather, they seem to close it whenever they feel like it.

I hope they do try to help Ford with regard to road closures if needed

We need the publicity

One more day won’t make too much difference to most of us

If they really want to generate publicity they should stop faffing about with the likes of Audi and Ford whose YouTube videos generate views in the tens of thousands only.

Instead, they should pay Dan Mccaskill to come across and do one of his videos riding around our heritage sites. Tens of millions YouTube views guaranteed.

Slightly tongue in cheek but they really need to try harder. The constant road closures for very little gain just piss people off.

12 minutes ago, bonatti said:

If they really want to generate publicity they should stop faffing about with the likes of Audi and Ford whose YouTube videos generate views in the tens of thousands only.

Instead, they should pay Dan Mccaskill to come across and do one of his videos riding around our heritage sites. Tens of millions YouTube views guaranteed.

Slightly tongue in cheek but they really need to try harder. The constant road closures for very little gain just piss people off.

Interesting for about 30 seconds.

Then it is same again same again same again

He is very talented but I would say far more exciting to do than to watch

3 minutes ago, bonatti said:

Wouldn’t disagree with that, but definitely more interesting than watching a Ford drive round in the fog.  And no comparison when talking about publicly generated.

We would just end up with A&E being full of young cyclists with no teeth or balls after trying to imitate him 

7 minutes ago, Neil Down said:
1 hour ago, dilligaf said:

We would just end up with A&E being full of young cyclists with no teeth or balls after trying to imitate him 

Eh?

You've seen the videos on youtube ? I can imagine lots of people with less skill trying to do the same with dire outcomes.

3 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

You've seen the videos on youtube ? I can imagine lots of people with less skill trying to do the same with dire outcomes.

It’s the cyclist bit that’s got me scratching my head...

Archived