Rex verdict

hissingsid

33 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Why would any sane person bring in a so called "rescue dog" from anywhere? 

Unfortunately, it’s people who think they are helping the animals. The are not looking at the potential problems 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Gladys please point out where it states "imported European Rescue dog" 

Or are some pointing fingers.

I agree dog control is essential, it has become very fashionable to have a dog and this will obviously increase numbers of poor owners, poor breeders, and poorly raised dogs.

However this mandatory microchip program is ill timed - any time you put the onus on the user giving a chance to avoid / evade a cost it will not see positive results. 

It is now easier to have an unregistered dog.

No, it doesn't,  but there is a charity which regularly updates in FB about dogs being brought in from the UK for re- homing.  Some of those dogs are from further afield. On a xenophobic level  I do not have a problem, but on a let's sort our own bit out, I do. ( I used to be supportive of that charity, but no longer when they are basically importing the problem to solve rather than solving the problem here.)

Btw   you raised the Daily Mail Grrr connection, not me.

8 hours ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

I agree dog control is essential, it has become very fashionable to have a dog and this will obviously increase numbers of poor owners, poor breeders, and poorly raised dogs.

However this mandatory microchip program is ill timed - any time you put the onus on the user giving a chance to avoid / evade a cost it will not see positive results. 

8 hours ago, quilp said:

How much does the implant cost? 

You can get your dog chipped by the ManxSPCA for a minimum donation of £15. The old annual dog license used to cost £20 which was discounted to £10 for dogs which were already chipped. So chipping "for life" can cost less than one year's dog license. Seems sensible and better for less well off dog owners.

12 hours ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

So much garbage in one posting...

4 hours ago, craggy_steve said:

You can get your dog chipped by the ManxSPCA for a minimum donation of £15. The old annual dog license used to cost £20 which was discounted to £10 for dogs which were already chipped. So chipping "for life" can cost less than one year's dog license. Seems sensible and better for less well off dog owners.

The practice associated with the vet in question  offers thus free if you sign up for their annual health plan.

I quite like dogs but would in no way trust any of them with kids. I was once bitten in the face by the sweetest tempered Labrador who had never ever done anything like that before. One minute he was being the most affectionate thing you could imagine and the next a completely unprovoked bite. I didn't make anything of it but realised that dogs and cats are animals, they can be unpredictable.   

2 hours ago, Gladys said:

The practice associated with the vet in question  offers thus free if you sign up for their annual health plan.

ManxSPCA don't use a vet to do microchipping, they have got their own staff trained / qualified to do it.

18 hours ago, hissingsid said:

So you all hate dogs...fair enough but a mistake was made and the family who owned the dog has plenty of reason to pursue the vet who caused all this misery and expense.

I do not  hate dogs at all, a number are assisting me in typing this response now.

Are you sure a mistake was made?

18 hours ago, P.K. said:

Which, of course, puts the lie to all the dog owners who always claim "It doesn't bite...."  when it's blindingly obvious they ALL bite. That's why they have teeth.

I still just can't believe all the dog owners with young children. A tragedy waiting to happen when the trigger point is reached. Stupid stupid stupid people....

Slightly dogmatic?

Archived