Rex verdict

hissingsid

So after 18 months and thousands of pounds Rex has been allowed to live and stay with the family who have been looking after him.  In a court case today the animal was found to be exempt and allowed to live in peace.   I think that halfwit vet who caused all this upset should step up to the mark and compensate the animal charity and others for the money and worry he has caused.   He obviously is not competent in judging dog breeds, I would not let him near my animals.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm....I think the half-witted people that allowed this dog to play with young toddlers while this case was still active and the verdict wasn't decided need locking up.

What resonsible parent would do that?

Dog terrorism. What if the decision had gone the other way?

People dive into icy ponds after dogs - and die - and also seem willing to sacrifice toddlers these days.

That's messed up.

16 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

So after 18 months and thousands of pounds Rex has been allowed to live and stay with the family who have been looking after him.  In a court case today the animal was found to be exempt and allowed to live in peace.   I think that halfwit vet who caused all this upset should step up to the mark and compensate the animal charity and others for the money and worry he has caused.   He obviously is not competent in judging dog breeds, I would not let him near my animals.

I agree with Albert. It’s only complete fuckwits who are attracted to owning these sort of dogs. Put them and the owners down - it’s the only way.  

It matters not if Rex is a good dog or a danger, the public perception of this and many other breeds is .... fear.....

Our lives would be just as fulfilled with a Poodle as a Doberman and fellow pedestrians would not worry as you approach them with your 'is it safe'  dog!

We could easily do without many breeds and it would allay the publics fears and make life easier for the 'safe' breeds?

18 minutes ago, Kopek said:

It matters not if Rex is a good dog or a danger, the public perception of this and many other breeds is .... fear.....

Our lives would be just as fulfilled with a Poodle as a Doberman and fellow pedestrians would not worry as you approach them with your 'is it safe'  dog!

We could easily do without many breeds and it would allay the publics fears and make life easier for the 'safe' breeds?

Totally agree with you.

Also, apart from the (maybe) perceived danger, those dogs are just plain fucking ugly.

7 hours ago, hissingsid said:

The "half wit vet" was doing what he was legally required to do; report his suspicion.  As was pointed out on FB, it has taken this long to settle that he is of the breed but exempt, so it was not as straightforward as you think. 

9 hours ago, Kopek said:

can we add breeds of people to this?   

55 minutes ago, WTF said:

can we add breeds of people to this?   

I'm reminded of a comment a Commanding Officer (Cavalry Regiment  , if memory serves ) who was asked, many times to give a reference for  a  junior officer who was attending a promotions board , he wrote "I would hesitate to breed from this officer":)

14 hours ago, hissingsid said:

But the report doesn't say rex wasn't a banned breed it says he has been given an exemption so I'm guessing he did fall under one of the banned breeds. 

Either way the way people went after the vet and some of the things said about him I really hope he took legal action against people for libel/slander 

Who is Rex? Guessing it’s some sort of fighting dog. Have you ever seen a video of a pit bull attacking something? There’s a few on liveleak. Even with crowds of men bashing them with metal sticks they don’t stop attacking. A wolf, tiger or grizzly bear would get out of there to save it’s own life. Pit bulls don’t stop.

7 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

But the report doesn't say rex wasn't a banned breed it says he has been given an exemption so I'm guessing he did fall under one of the banned breeds. 

Either way the way people went after the vet and some of the things said about him I really hope he took legal action against people for libel/slander 

Good point.  It does indeed say 'exemption'!  So potentially the vet was right all along.  The problem is a breed of dog is not a species in it's own right, you can't test a dog to determine its type, it's all very subjective. 

Strange creatures, Staffies and the like (pitbulls pretty damned close).  Used to be called the 'Nanny Dog' as they are so loyal and protective.  However it seems that this loyalty has been misappropriated over the years and they become aggressive due to the aggressive natures of their often owners who use the loyalty for their own violent pleasure. 

I quite like them generally, I've known some wonderfully friendly ones and most do have a really good temperament, but I have only been bitten badly once by a dog and that was a Staffie that attacked another dog and my hand got in the way.  Often they are awful with other dogs, but fine with people. 

I think they are like a gun.  In the hands of a responsible person a gun is not a danger to others.  However, give a gun to a dickhead.....

It's the owners that should be licensed to own them

To clarify what I say above, I was not proposing mass culling of certain breeds. More that they should be allowed to live out their lives but must not be bred from and none are imported. That still leaves plenty of types to choose from for our ego boost/dependency.

Archived