The Cosy Nook Cafe Port Erin

paswt

...and the Breagle Glen which is PE comms owned, Bradda Glen cafe???

Get an independent surveyor to check out the building, patch it up and then in a 100 years, have another look at it!!!

I don't object to the proposed cafe, just the the PE comms rush to spend 3-4 mil of ratepayers money!

If they're hoping for another Barbary Coast, it could only be at the expense of existing caterers in the whole of the south?

Parking, functions? Don't worry about your wedding dress love, you'll only wear it once!!!

Edited by Kopek
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Correct me if wrong - Cosy Nook was basically a snack window with no inside seating “bap on a beach or cake  in the car park” on wobbly chairs with lots of Sky Vermin - glass fronted 12 month a year licenced facility might have the upper hand in my book

There was inside seating with about six tables , it was my regular Sunday breakfast meet up place with motor cycle  friends and when the family ( 6 adults and 8 kids) visited . Fine weather,  sat outside with the kids playing on the beach . Phil and Sue were excellent hosts and the food was excellent and reasonably priced and the place was  popular. Just saying   :flowers:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Banker said:

The only reason Watterson & Skelly are getting involved is because they think there’s votes in it for election year. The Commissioners will now be stuck with an expensive eyesore which will just be left to rot

Exactly right.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Banker said:

The Commissioners will now be stuck with an expensive eyesore which will just be left to rot

Perhaps but if they were to offer say a 10/15 year lease at an initial low rent provided they will bring the property back into an acceptable standard  someone could take it on.

The old Murray's Museum at the Bungalow was vacant for years , take a look now at what a Manx couple with a vision and hard work have achieved . 

Just saying:flowers:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Correct me if wrong - Cosy Nook was basically a snack window with no inside seating “bap on a beach or cake  in the car park” on wobbly chairs with lots of Sky Vermin - glass fronted 12 month a year licenced facility might have the upper hand in my book

Yeah. Great location. Poor overpriced food and slightly dodgy service. No where to go when it starts raining. 

9 hours ago, paswt said:

There was inside seating with about six tables , it was my regular Sunday breakfast meet up place with motor cycle  friends and when the family ( 6 adults and 8 kids) visited . Fine weather,  sat outside with the kids playing on the beach . Phil and Sue were excellent hosts and the food was excellent and reasonably priced and the place was  popular. Just saying   :flowers:

Sadly that wasn't my experience every time. Some good memories but mostly around the Mediterranean feel of the location rather than the value or quality of the food

10 hours ago, SleepyJoe said:

That'd be a massive kick in the bollocks for the Falcon's Nest and the Bay

Understand the thinking. Sometimes though success brings success and if people are attracted to the town from outside they like a selection of locations not just the same ones. We often visit for the weekend and patronise as many places as possible. We would def pick PE if there was something like this

These plans has been floating about for a long time now, yet suddenly  Rushen MHKs are looking to the horizon for votes, so obvious local electioneering going on after local pitchfork annoyance with the planned new build. The speaker isn’t the shoe horn in to get re elected as once was the case instead taking the easy option of speaker turned a lot of his traditional support away, I can’t say I like that new look of the Cozy folly but not against a better design more in keeping going ahead we can’t always remain in the past. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kopek said:

...and the Breagle Glen which is PE comms owned, Bradda Glen cafe???

Get an independent surveyor to check out the building, patch it up and then in a 100 years, have another look at it!!!

I don't object to the proposed cafe, just the the PE comms rush to spend 3-4 mil of ratepayers money!

If they're hoping for another Barbary Coast, it could only be at the expense of existing caterers in the whole of the south?

Parking, functions? Don't worry about your wedding dress love, you'll only wear it once!!!

Yes PEC own breagle glen & bradda glen with the latter open all year doing excellent food with great views etc, however shut Monday & Tuesday as I discovered after walking up from harbour!!

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Yes PEC own breagle glen & bradda glen with the latter open all year doing excellent food with great views etc, however shut Monday & Tuesday as I discovered after walking up from harbour!!

Think most places are closed Monday and Tuesday

33 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Think most places are closed Monday and Tuesday

Yes went to P Erin for a walk and lunch, Bradda glen shut, Station shut , Bay shut, all prom cafes shut only place open the fish & chippy until 1.45 ! 
Hardly encourages visitors and you would think one of them would open Monday or Tuesday