Price Watch!!

Bray Hill

So, just been into the Douglas Shopshite store to grab a couple of items. They have displayed around the store on various shelves n front of various items these "Tesco Pricewatch Cards". I have noticed these on previous visits but there seems to be more and more! Out of curiosity I used my phone to go onto Tesco.Com and check a few prices.

Shopshite have a card showing - Matchmakers £2 at Tesco but Shopshite are selling at £1.75. In actual fact Tesco have these for £1 (although this is an offer price this runs to about the 18/12/2018!)

Fanta Orange - 2L Bottle. Shopshite show this item at a higher price at Tesco than it is. It is actually the same price as Shopshite! and the list goes on. On the items that Shopshite are slightly cheaper than Tesco, they still show an incorrect price on the Tesco product. 

On the shelf card it states that these prices are always monitored!

is this incorrect advertising?

I'm sure they do but I also had a work colleague who was shopping down at Tesco check some prices and they were the same as their website. 

The point I was trying to get across is that items are cheaper (sometimes nearly half the price) compared to Shopshite but they are openly using either old but definitely incorrect price comparisons as in my O.P. Matchmakers £1 at Tesco but Shopshite are saying that they are £2and selling at £1.75 thus trying to make out they are cheaper - they are not. Shopshite price watch cards seem to be giving very mis -leading information

I'm sure they do but I also had a work colleague who was shopping down at Tesco check some prices and they were the same as their website. 

The point I was trying to get across is that items are cheaper (sometimes nearly half the price) compared to Shopshite but they are openly using either old but definitely incorrect price comparisons as in my O.P. Matchmakers selling at £1 in Tesco but according to the Shopshite price watch cards they are £2 with Shopshite selling at £1.75 thus making out they are 25p per box cheaper. This surely is giving shoppers very mis - leading information!

I've seen Shoprite advertise Tesco prices as higher than they are a few times, but only when Tesco have said items on an offer.

I believe the small print on the Shoprite signs do say something in respect of comparing against Tesco's usual full price amount and not that of the offer. I  suppose it's the small print that clear them of any wrong-doing.

Moral of the story - Don't blindly trust adverts, they simply want your money!

'IF' they do price match the stuff, which I doubt is a regular and full time process, it can only be as good as it was on the day they did the comparison. In my mind it's another thing that people don't (can't) check and most customers get blind to - or is there a subliminal message...

Archived