Mr Skelly And The TT...

La Colombe

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I have seen too many riders die in front of me over the years.

Simple as that.

Please do not alter what I say. Quote my post where I was factually wrong.

That's fine and that's a perfectly understandable reason. You have my sympathy.  You hadn't mentioned it before though. 

1 minute ago, Chris C said:
4 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I have seen too many riders die in front of me over the years.

Simple as that.

Please do not alter what I say. Quote my post where I was factually wrong.

That's fine and that's a perfectly understandable reason. You have my sympathy.  You hadn't mentioned it before though.

I can think of 6. 6 too many. After all these years I still see them.

Just now, dilligaf said:

FFS THEY DID. 3 in the TT, 6 in the MGP. Do you what me to name them ? 

I know they did. But you didn't say that. I could have said that 27 riders died in 2005 and I would have been right. The fact remains that we were in the middle of a lengthy discussion about the TT and 24 of them didn't die during the TT.  Naming them won't change that. 

Just now, Chris C said:

I know they did. But you didn't say that. I could have said that 27 riders died in 2005 and I would have been right. The fact remains that we were in the middle of a lengthy discussion about the TT and 24 of them didn't die during the TT.  Naming them won't change that. 

Like I said, something weird about your thinking there.

I can think of 6. 6 too many. After all these years I still see them.

As I said you have my sympathies with that.  And I agree it's six too many.  People do die untimely deaths though.  Your opinion is bound to be most influenced by ones you have seen,  but it doesn't make other lives any less valuable. 

11 minutes ago, CharlieBrown said:

£39 Million, come on thats got to be worth it, its not like people don't die anyway.

I agree. If all that personal injury and death is worth £39M to Rob who fronts it all who am I to argue? It’s tremendous value watching people be killed almost every year so we can fill cheap hotels and campsites, and sell some great TT merchandise! Let’s not forget all that IOMG overtime too! 

1 minute ago, Chris C said:

As I said you have my sympathies with that.  And I agree it's six too many.  People do die untimely deaths though.  Your opinion is bound to be most influenced by ones you have seen,  but it doesn't make other lives any less valuable. 

Good night.

23 minutes ago, Chris C said:

Yes I have, it's lumped in with consular services etc. Are you suggesting it causes no death or suffering?

Anyhow, we can do nothing about this defence spend. Fact. Take it up with Quayle and the crew if you're so inclined and concerned. Enough local opposition to the event might just see it off. Does this get under your skin..? 

Like I said, something weird about your thinking there.

There really isn't though.  We're getting far too hung up about that one detail ( not suggesting anybody's life is a detail) . There is so much misinformation about the TT it's easy to go on the defensive a bit too much which I accept is what I have done with that post. I think you are a genuine fella with genuine reasons for your point of view which you have been open about.  I've got to respect that without necessarily agreeing with you.

3 minutes ago, quilp said:

Anyhow, we can do nothing about this defence spend. Fact. Take it up with Quayle and the crew if you're so inclined and concerned. Enough local opposition to the event might just see it off. Does this get under your skin..? 

We can do nothing about the defence spend. Ok so that's how you justify it to yourself.  How many pages and that's the best you come up with.  Take a look at yourself Quilp. You know that's poor don't you?

4 minutes ago, Chris C said:

We can do nothing about the defence spend. Ok so that's how you justify it to yourself.  How many pages and that's the best you come up with.  Take a look at yourself Quilp. You know that's poor don't you?

We all know what you’re doing is thread bumping until Rob Callister’s clumsy TT comments get forgotten under the weight of your persistent page after page pointless arguing. I’ll re-post them at regular intervals to hopefully refesh the references making your last 5 pages pretty futile effort. 

Archived