Don't worry - Howard has our back..

Manx Bean

The Chamber of Commerce is a laugh, they will not disclose how many members they have but I believe it is under 100.   Think of all the businesses big and small on the Island, thousands, so why do people give them an credence as for the CM meeting with them it is his job to share information, which is probably not a lot which is not his fault because there is no worthwhile information to glean at this moment in time.    He can only tell it as it is we are as much in the dark as everyone else.    I know it is the National sport to take a pop at anyone in politics but when you see the lying, scheming scum that inhabit the Houses of Parliament I think we do not do so badly.   We voted these people in......they are political amateurs that are relying on civil servants for advise all the way,. there are a few idiots amongst them but they are not going to be on a long haul ticket.    We need to have a cull on numbers and increase the bunce to attract more experienced people who are capable of thinking for themselves and know how to deal with stuff that is constantly being ignored or languishing in long grass.   This lot are too busy trying to win popularity, and culling wildlife when the cull should be focused on themselves.   We should start encouraging people with political ambition who have proved themselves at being successful to stand at the next election, they will have to have very thick skin of course.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, hissingsid said:

We should start encouraging people with political ambition who have proved themselves at being successful to stand at the next election, they will have to have very thick skin of course.

Very thick skin.  Who in their right mind would want  to stand today while being scrutinized and abused daily on social media ? When I suggested to someone that they should think about being an MHK their was a clear and concise response along the lines of "I wouldn't put myself through that for all the tea in china.  You would be bloody mad"

Archived