Crews extinguish Smart car fire in south

LightBulb

4 hours ago, John Wright said:

I’m out in Catalonia at present. It’s not a smart, but a lightweight micro car with plastic body. They have scooter engines and can be driven without a driving licence here. Lots of older people in the country villages drive them. Wandering all over the road. Bit like driving in the IoM really.

Several makes. Aixam, Ligier ( as in F1! ).

The twist & go refers to the CVT transmission, belt and two cones. Clunks.

Loads is southern Spain too. Usually farmers and people who could never pass a car test. They should all be banned. Death traps , all of these small cars. Smart too. Lethal weapons for the occupants.

...but why has it been allowed to be registered in te IoM? Surely a quick retro law could determine that these are    A. not safe   B. not required by the local population for economical reasons!!!

Even in the 70's farmers/ country folk could afford a Lada.

When I heard that there was a car blazing in the south I though the revolution was under way. I had a very particular rope and sword ready for COMIN.  Instead it’s been another Friday night with pizza and Chardonnay. What a bloody disappointment!

24 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Instead it’s been another Friday night with pizza and Chardonnay. What a bloody disappointment!

Reading this post and the nightclub suggestions on the other thread whilst posting from yet another empty pub - I honestly wouldn't be surprised if truthful figures showed the Island to be in economic recession.

16 hours ago, LightBulb said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/crews-extinguish-smart-car-fire-in-south/

There is not much left of that car, ( assuming that is actually a picture of a car / was a car ),  is it called a "Smart Car" because it can self destruct in a fire ?

If it’s electric as claimed those lithium batteries just burn. I’m not sure the fire brigade can do much if a bank of batteries goes up but watch on and make sure it doesn’t spread. 

16 hours ago, John Wright said:

It’s not a smart, but a lightweight micro car with plastic body. They have scooter engines and can be driven without a driving licence here. Lots of older people in the country villages drive them. Wandering all over the road. Bit like driving in the IoM really.

Several makes. Aixam, Ligier ( as in F1! ).

The twist & go refers to the CVT transmission, belt and two cones. Clunks.

No batteries Sultan. Do you not read every post? 

Archived