Fraudulent Claim

yootalkin2me

So, it would appear that although she's paying a paltry £20 per week back, this £20 is more than likely paid from benefits therefore we are effectively paying ourselves back for over £39k that we didn't spend:

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=45371&headline=Benefit of £39k falsely claimed over 10 years&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2019

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, yootalkin2me said:

So, it would appear that although she's paying a paltry £20 per week back, this £20 is more than likely paid from benefits therefore we are effectively paying ourselves back for over £39k that we didn't spend:

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=45371&headline=Benefit of £39k falsely claimed over 10 years&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2019

Even worse allocated a council house in Hibbin Way which neighbours say she hadn’t lived in for 5 years. So also blocking desperately needed family housing whiilst also screwing the social. Total freeloading pond life. 

2 minutes ago, Kopek said:

.......A doctor’s report described ------------ as a ’vulnerable individual with long standing and recurrent mental health issues’ who would require regular monitoring if sent to custody.

that's what the screws are there for isn't it .

53 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Even worse allocated a council house in Hibbin Way which neighbours say she hadn’t lived in for 5 years. So also blocking desperately needed family housing whiilst also screwing the social. 

What puzzled me about this was that there seems to have been a Corpy house (and it seems to be a house rather than a flat) that was unused for so long and the Housing Department seem to have been either unaware or uncaring of the fact.  The fact that boiler had been turned off years ago is particularly strange - either they knew it was empty or they were expecting a tenant to live without heat or hot water.

1 hour ago, the stinking enigma said:

I couldn't give a shit about stuff like this. It's not even one years pension for one half wit. There's far worse fraud going on daily. 

Yeah, that's the spirit. Stick it to the Civil Servants eh.? How dare they get the pension they worked for.

No excuse for this type of fraud. Lots of people are struggling to make ends meet , but they don't defraud their neighbours who pay tax, just to get something for nothing. Lock em up.

29 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

What puzzled me about this was that there seems to have been a Corpy house (and it seems to be a house rather than a flat) that was unused for so long and the Housing Department seem to have been either unaware or uncaring of the fact.  The fact that boiler had been turned off years ago is particularly strange - either they knew it was empty or they were expecting a tenant to live without heat or hot water.

The gas would be between Manx Gas and the tenant. Nothing to do with Corpy.

Just goes to show what a rent man going round could save. He’d know. 

Even if not a rent man a housing officer should visit and inspect every house once every three months.

8 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Yeah, that's the spirit. Stick it to the Civil Servants eh.? How dare they get the pension they worked for.

I've no problems with civil servants getting a pension if they worked for it.

However....

7 minutes ago, John Wright said:

The gas would be between Manx Gas and the tenant. Nothing to do with Corpy.

Just goes to show what a rent man going round could save. He’d know. 

Even if not a rent man a housing officer should visit and inspect every house once every three months.

Agreed.

2 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

...and inspect what exactly?

Who is living there, if anyone is living there.

There are lots of social housing units occupied by people other than the tenants, in breach of tenancy terms, the real legal tenant living elsewhere, often in other social housing units. The “sub letting” is often to family members, grown up children, who don’t qualify, aren’t on the housing list, stopping someone with real need from getting housing that is tax payer subsidised.

Archived