Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

Lots of grumbling on iomtoday about the lack of progress on Lord St too, to include similar complaints about lack of workforce present.

Plus the stretch from Ballacraine to WCAS now scheduled to reopen at end of February. That section has gone days and days (if not weeks) at a time with no signs of activity, since closure in October.

9 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Lots of grumbling on iomtoday about the lack of progress on Lord St too, to include similar complaints about lack of workforce present.

They don’t seem to have any workforce. Like every other department they seem to think that the management can administer itself out of its problems without the intervention of anyone at the actual coal face who are expensive resources which have been dispensed with on the grounds of financial efficiency. It’s a bit like employing 10 people to write a book on how to dig a hole, or drive a digger. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

The Promenade appears to be massively behind the (already revised) work schedule. 

The December 2019 phasing plans show the so-called rail corridor as 'complete by January 2020' as far as Castle Mona Avenue. 

Well they're still working on it and it looks far from complete! 

Correct me if I'm wrong but going on Auldyn's work schedule it's at least  the end of February now lol that went well then . I had actually picked up on that also and had a quick look today haha not even close as you say .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, finlo said:

A brace railway worker's vans rolled off tonight's ferry, whether or not its to gee up (no pun intended) the horse tram tracks I have no idea.

Don't think they were there today at all so maybe long weekend back in UK . Those guys aren't the problem and neither is Stephen Christian's lads .

• Like 1

Ohhh and after looking further on Auldyns work schedule it would seem according to them they are laying ' Asphalt ' on 17th of this month on the rail corridor ! Now there's a turn up as previous it was tarmac . Mmmm ohh right let's revert back to what worked all those years ago !! There's a twist , couldn't make it up . 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but going on Auldyn's work schedule it's at least  the end of February now lol that went well then . I had actually picked up on that also and had a quick look today haha not even close as you say .

You're quite right. 

Also today's newsletter claims the seaside opposite Summerhill is now 'complete'... they've even painted parking lines.... only problem is the road is about 2 inches lower than the drain covers (and becomes a lagoon whenever it rains now) and also about 2 inches lower than the rail fail corridor. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

You're quite right. 

Also today's newsletter claims the seaside opposite Summerhill is now 'complete'... they've even painted parking lines.... only problem is the road is about 2 inches lower than the drain covers (and becomes a lagoon whenever it rains now) and also about 2 inches lower than the rail fail corridor. 

It's  clearly not finished despite what there saying. The top coat has to go on I'm sure . Why they lying constantly . They really think we are all stupid !!! Morons aren't they . There's clearly a coat to go on up to the rail corridor also as currently there's a ramp of about 50cms wide which when they put the final coat on will address this . Parking lines are clearly to pasify the masses lol as it will be 'years ' till it's really finished .  

Edited by Numbnuts

11 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Don't think they were there today at all so maybe long weekend back in UK . Those guys aren't the problem and neither is Stephen Christian's lads .

i'd back the  Stephen Christian outfit too,   it must be frustrating for them to not be allowed to do the job once and properly

• Like 4