Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

2 hours ago, monasqueen said:

To be fair, they've continued working in some of the most hellish weather conditions imaginable.

To be honest when I worked doing ground work you didn't get paid if you didn't. Sadly it's par for the course in some jobs unless it would seen on IOM.  Be interesting to compare the U.K. Guys output with the laying of the granite in Strand Street and the likes as quite honestly that was a P*** take . 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

True to form....The latest minutes from the strategic board meeting for January from the My Prom brains trust is now on line on their site. True to form it's approx 6 weeks late in being published . Quite interesting reading and asking for a list of contingencies accrued ! This so isn't going to end well . 

13 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

True to form....The latest minutes from the strategic board meeting for January from the My Prom brains trust is now on line on their site. True to form it's approx 6 weeks late in being published . Quite interesting reading and asking for a list of contingencies accrued ! This so isn't going to end well . 

Yes, some very interesting reading - notable mentions go to: 

image.png.1f69f417fd3f25f1758fae588715121b.png

image.png.417c86cfffdf940e88ceeb279d9a7f44.png

image.png.1404de3d0fa63af6937c8b37ea45b65a.png

Finally, surely the correct response to this should be "who the f*ck actually cares about the horse trams?" 

image.png.01277c583c9f316c5e3109003c2ee0dd.png

Just to confirm the whole scheme is all fur coat and no knickers - they want to ensure the cultural quarter (the part that serves no practical purpose to anyone) is completed on time!! Never mind the road and parking, 

image.png.05da64aae1f72e90bf94540498e3569e.png

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, On The Bus said:

Yes, some very interesting reading - notable mentions go to: 

image.png.1f69f417fd3f25f1758fae588715121b.png

image.png.417c86cfffdf940e88ceeb279d9a7f44.png

image.png.1404de3d0fa63af6937c8b37ea45b65a.png

Finally, surely the correct response to this should be "who the f*ck actually cares about the horse trams?" 

image.png.01277c583c9f316c5e3109003c2ee0dd.png

Just to confirm the whole scheme is all fur coat and no knickers - they want to ensure the cultural quarter (the part that serves no practical purpose to anyone) is completed on time!! Never mind the road and parking, 

image.png.05da64aae1f72e90bf94540498e3569e.png

All totally backs up what I'd heard and posted in here  ,good source, that while there was concept plans design plans were totally lacking. Also the speed up of those plans is clearly down to the arrival of contracted in engineers from U.k ,apparently 3 , at a reported at  10k a week . If all true as seems likely it's  incredible ,mind blowing and sheer incompetence . Its DOI !!!  

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Numbnuts said:

All totally backs up what I'd heard and posted in here  ,good source, that while there was concept plans design plans were totally lacking. Also the speed up of those plans is clearly down to the arrival of contracted in engineers from U.k ,apparently 3 , at a reported at  10k a week . If all true as seems likely it's  incredible ,mind blowing and sheer incompetence . Its DOI !!!  

Incredible figures if true (and I'm very inclined to believe you). But then that's the price we all pay (once again) for the sheer incompetence of the DOI and its senior management. 

Interesting that they wish to discuss the cracking concrete in a separate meeting that is conveniently not released to the public... although a wet and windy weekend may allow time for FOI requests for those minutes. 

I've heard Harmer may be up for a move in the reshuffle (DEFA is what's rumoured) with Super Tim Baker apparently chomping at the bit to take over, Boot apparently moving to the vacant DHA role. 

Edited by On The Bus

Yes I picked up in the separate meeting for cracking issues also. Me thinks Auldyn aren't accepting blame ! As for the reshuffle ? You heard for  sure there is one as Quayle has often been heard saying he won't on his watch as he's happy with who he's picked. Let's face it Skelly should have gone ages ago and for sure Harmer hasn't a clue and out of his depth and I'm not sure from sound bites from Baker whether he's any more of a clue. Let's face it , reigning in the CS is the real problem and that's not happening anytime soon 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, On The Bus said:

It's on or after the LegCo election (according to this). 

Thanks for that , missed that . Mmmm that's a climb down then as a ex MLC who I trust totally told me about his stance on changes . Watch this space then lol But as I said it's the CS and management in deptartments that's the real issues . No accountability and zero understanding of responsibilities or empathy that it's the poor tax payers who have you pick up the slack and stump up the money 

3 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Yes we must finish the unneeded and unwanted Cultural Quarter in time. The whole economy of the IOM is resting on it. 

Just what is this area going to be used for. I have read plenty about the prom works, but can’t identify what the point is

2 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Just what is this area going to be used for. I have read plenty about the prom works, but can’t identify what the point is

It's to allow Sefton patrons to be serenaded on their balconies by selected quartets, street theatre exponents  and poets.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

It's to allow Sefton patrons to be serenaded on their balconies by selected quartets, street theatre exponents  and poets.

Probably more true than you think. :o
I know I may not be the brightest light on the tree, but what are the pink concrete bits on Loch Prom for , if the trams are going to run on the seaward side of the road?

Edited by dilligaf