Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

Any public outcry actually means fuck-all to them. It is water off a ducks back. They are safe and secure in the knowledge that there'll be little or no repercussions for any incompetence. This is reflected in the lack of effort to avoid any more cock-ups. 

Edited by quilp
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 7

7 hours ago, quilp said:

Any public outcry actually means fuck-all to them. It is water off a ducks back. They are safe and secure in the knowledge that there'll be little or no repercussions for any incompetence. This is reflected in the lack of effort to avoid any more cock-ups. 

I just don’t understand how Nick Black is still there presiding over all these cock ups?

Didnt they get rid of Chris Corlett for less than black has done?

8 minutes ago, Banker said:

I just don’t understand how Nick Black is still there presiding over all these cock ups?

I don't know about Corlett, but there are other seemingly untouchables who're equally as 'wanting' as Nick Black...

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, quilp said:

I don't know about Corlett, but there are other seemingly untouchables who're equally as 'wanting' as Nick Black...

I've heard some unbelievable stories about Jeff Robinson . Apparently another arrogant piece of work who feels turning up to management meetings is seemingly beyond him. Has also a perchance of falling asleep in ones he does go to . And yes my source is very credible .   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Banker said:

They got rid of Corlett because he did things that would have made the jobs of other senior civil servants more difficult by privatising the running of  TT.  

Black on the other hand is behaving in exactly the way they approve of - presiding over lots of unnecessary and expensive capital projects and letting his nominal underlings do whatever they want.  As I keep on tediously pointing out that's why he was appointed in the first place.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

They got rid of Corlett because he did things that would have made the jobs of other senior civil servants more difficult by privatising the running of  TT.  

Black on the other hand is behaving in exactly the way they approve of - presiding over lots of unnecessary and expensive capital projects and letting his nominal underlings do whatever they want.  As I keep on tediously pointing out that's why he was appointed in the first place.  

He must have been a Alan Bell appointment right ? 

44 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

I've heard some unbelievable stories about Jeff Robinson . Apparently another arrogant piece of work who feels turning up to management meetings is seemingly beyond him. Has also a perchance of falling asleep in ones he does go to . And yes my source is very credible .   

I know Jeff personally and I have to say that your 'credible source' couldn't be more wrong. Jeff is a good person and is extremely good at what he does.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, yootalkin2me said:

I know Jeff personally and I have to say that your 'credible source' couldn't be more wrong. Jeff is a good person and is extremely good at what he does.

Well he might be a nice guy socially but clearly theres issues at work ! Title is director of highways ! Buck stops there I'd say ! 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Nellie said:

It also emerged, in the same committee sitting that the CEO, Nick Black, was not aware that the track layout at The Esplanade has been significantly changed from what they have planning permission for. This is despite the fact it was reported by IOM Newpapers already. 

You couldn’t make this stuff up.....

But they do..... they're masters at it.

Just now, Numbnuts said:

Well he might be a nice guy socially but clearly theres issues at work !

Not necessarily, in public service it's extremely complex in certain arenas. You have many different aspects coming at you, or that you need to deal with, the public, businesses, politicians, colleagues, economies of scale, resources, managing expectations etc etc and you have to be as accomodating and as pragmatic as you can to do the best you can... it most certainly isn't merely black or white...and to be honest the system in place can often work against you despite your best efforts.

1 hour ago, yootalkin2me said:

Not necessarily, in public service it's extremely complex in certain arenas. You have many different aspects coming at you, or that you need to deal with, the public, businesses, politicians, colleagues, economies of scale, resources, managing expectations etc etc and you have to be as accomodating and as pragmatic as you can to do the best you can... it most certainly isn't merely black or white...and to be honest the system in place can often work against you despite your best efforts.

No I agree with most of what you say but clearly in every aspect of the points youve made above he and the DOI management, designers and CEO have totally failed at every turn. They now have zero credibility , not that they had much anyway , and they still cant give a final date for finish of prom and they are already going to be alot more than 6 months and likely to be over 1 year late by the time its finished . 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1