Traffic lights "again" at the Ballabeg Hump ?

LightBulb

I thought it was one of the most dangerous "improvements" to a road I've ever come across. It's 30 mph through there, and absolutely no prior warning that there is an engineered ramp across the whole road. Hit it at 30 mph in a works van and see if anything is left on any of your shelves in the back. God alone only knows what it'll do to the sump of a low car.   

2 hours ago, Cheesy Wheezy said:

...every time I hear him on the radio he sounds like a sort of camp evil Bond-villain...

That’s a superb and entirely accurate analysis.

Good to see the colour chosen for the hump is the same as that of the bit 100 yards away that isn't a speed hump. 

That combined with the fact that now the arrows signifying the speed hump are pretty much invisible should make it a fun ride for anyone unfamiliar with the area. 

22 minutes ago, Declan said:

What is the point of it?

I was supposed to do two things; slow traffic through Ballabeg and improve visibility for those people trying to get out of Friary Park. Now, firstly traffic can't really drive through there that fast anyway because there are always cars parked on one side and the road is fairly narrow; and to improve sightlines they could have either cleaned the mirrors on the wall of the barn opposite or just put bigger and better ones up. I'm not a roads management expert working for the government on £60000 a year though, so my suggestions are probably useless.

Archived