Tynwald Day 2019

Rushen Spy

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

One way of looking at it, true.

Then again, if they hadn't changed the rules (to suit themselves?) on the QT beforehand, he might have been 100% right? We'll probably never know now.

He's put in petitions at at least 3 Tynwald days and as he is more than a stickler for detail my guess he's been shafted by Phillips . I find it very hard to see how TC would have got it wrong.. For gods sake if you miss a comma out on correspondence he would be on your case . 

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

He's put in petitions at at least 3 Tynwald days and as he is more than a stickler for detail my guess he's been shafted by Phillips . I find it very hard to see how TC would have got it wrong.. For gods sake if you miss a comma out on correspondence he would be on your case . 

Met his match ?

17 hours ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

So a former senior executive officer can manage to get the paperwork right 25% of the time.

I can see why he did so well there.

Or they've taken the ancient right of petition and added  so many bureaucratic hurdles so difficult that even a former senior executive office with an eye for detail can only get it right 25% of the time.

I’ll be interested to see if Phillips has acted unilaterally to expressly crap on Cowin, whether these hidden revisions to the process are designed to make petitioning more bothersome for everyone, or indeed if both of those are true. Probably that one. As Phillips is involved, one suspects malignancy lurking somewhere. 

12 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Remember the vexatious complaint they dreamt up to try and quiet him .    

What was that...I don’t recall?

1 minute ago, Declan said:

In all my time in the private sector, I've never seen a vexatious complainant policy that is more than a paragraph.

Ah, but this is IoMG. Why have a paragraph when you can have pages and pages of it?

Archived