Creased business jackets - what can I do?

timetraveler

Good evening,

I have two business jackets that I foolishly put in the tumble dryer and now they're all creased. 

I am poor so I cannot afford to take them to a professional. I have tried washing them again and letting them dry naturally in the sun but it hasn't removed the creases.  

Could anybody please offer some suggestions on how to proceed?

Many thanks,

TT 

5 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Iron them?

That's easier said than done. I tried ironing from the inside out but the interior fabric is annoying polyester or something where the iron just sticks and stains it.

I'd be too scared to try ironing the outside because with my trousers I usually end up leaving a mark with the iron.

I can't afford to buy new ones and don't want to destroy the only ones I have. 

5 minutes ago, timetraveler said:

That's easier said than done. I tried ironing from the inside out but the interior fabric is annoying polyester or something where the iron just sticks and stains it.

I'd be too scared to try ironing the outside because with my trousers I usually end up leaving a mark with the iron.

I can't afford to buy new ones and don't want to destroy the only ones I have. 

Wet tea towel over the jacket, then apply the iron..

On 8/20/2019 at 9:52 PM, timetraveler said:

Good evening,

I have two business jackets that I foolishly put in the tumble dryer and now they're all creased. 

I am poor so I cannot afford to take them to a professional. I have tried washing them again and letting them dry naturally in the sun but it hasn't removed the creases.  

Could anybody please offer some suggestions on how to proceed?

Many thanks,

TT 

Just go to Peel, they won’t notice. It’s always 1985 there. With the creases you’ll be the coolest dude in Michael St. 

1E6E95FD-921F-459F-94D6-F841F9F4E372.jpeg

Hang them on a hanger in the bathroom and let the steam from your daily shower relax the creases.

Might take a while, possibly over a year, and cost more in hot water than your jackets are actually worth, but it's worth a shot.

Archived