I've tried speaking to MT about this, and they just say they are "2 years into a 5 year plan"

Does anyone have any inside knowledge, about timescales for certain areas?  I'm up in Onchan, and can only get the 100Mbps VDSL service, so very keen for fibre

I completed the fibre expression of interest webform, and also went to every house in the neighbourhood and encouraged neighbours to do the same, which many did (and were quite happy about as they know nothing about it!)

34 minutes ago, somewhatdamaged said:

I've tried speaking to MT about this, and they just say they are "2 years into a 5 year plan"

Does anyone have any inside knowledge, about timescales for certain areas?  I'm up in Onchan, and can only get the 100MB VDSL service, so very keen for fibre

I completed the fibre expression of interest webform, and also went to every house in the neighbourhood and encouraged neighbours to do the same, which many did (and were quite happy about as they know nothing about it!)

Shirley you mean 10MB, not 100MB?

If you have 100MB/s then you're doing well.

If you have 100Mbps VDSL then your area is probably low on the list of priorities.

My street only had ADSL 13Mbps. I have been complaining for years, but they said they had no plans to install VDSL.

I eventually got a 4G router, which was better but still only around 40Mbps.

I have recently had 100Mbps Fibre installed.

I’ve moved from Peel (where I had fibre internet) to Douglas, expecting similar levels of service in our fine capital and major ‘hub’, to be told basically nowhere in Douglas has fibre yet? Pretty disappointing, and when I enquired about it in the MT shop, was just given blank faces with regards to upgrade timescales. 

Thought I'd chime in with fibre experiences,

We ended up going for Sure fibre as our road was cabled for it. It's such an astonishing upgrade from the 20 down/1 up that we were getting from VDSL on a tired line. Installation was painless and just terminates with an RJ-45 jack near the phone socket, and a little electronic box of tricks behind it. Lead time was 3-4 weeks when we booked it.

In terms of speed, it seems pretty consistent at 100 down and 20 up, it'll try and go quicker until the scheduler on the other end tells it to stop it. Seems 100meg is priced as the sweet spot as well.

• 3 weeks later...

FTTH will likely be ages to arrive here but I'd go 4G tomorrow and have my fixed MT line taken out if 4G allowed an inward connection.

Every 4G sim I have looked at does not give you a public ip address that you can access via dyndns. 

Does anyone know a work around for this?

Archived