Extinction Rebellion, Yessir!

Manx Bean

I am definitely on the side of the punters who are trying to get to work and being harassed and delayed by these toe rags that are probably on benefits or daft.   More strength to the commuters that gave this idiot a tug let us see a bit more of this and let the fuzz get on with catching criminals.   If anyone is caught flying one of those drones anywhere near an airport they should be locked up for years.   Just going slightly off topic, well everyone else does, how is Chris Thomas going to fly his drones to image the houses near the airport ? And have we not enough drones in Tynwald without spending money, loads of money, that we have not got, on hiring a firm, from across obviously to do the job.    Why not send a few Members of Tynwald up in a hot air balloon with telescopes ? All money saving ideas.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, hissingsid said:

And where are the 84,000 trees going to be planted a la Howard's promise ?

Somewhere that allows his mates to claim a grant for them.

3 hours ago, hissingsid said:

And where are the 84,000 trees going to be planted a la Howard's promise ?

I would love to know where the trees are that  my son and daughter planted in the so called Millenium Oakwood are. They were dug up and moved for some reason.

WTF was that about ?

Spelling is crap, but who cares.

23 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Somewhere that allows his mates to claim a grant for them.

And then probably another grant for chopping them down in five years time.  Though, judging by the amount of scraggy saplings sitting, not growing, in regimented, lines around the Island, letting them fall over would be easier.

One of the things I noticed when I was trying to get statistics on the number of trees over time was that there is loads of stuff about how many trees are planted, but very little about the number chopped down or even surviving.  Still as long as the photo goes in the paper who cares?

21 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I would love to know where the trees are that  my son and daughter planted in the so called Millenium Oakwood are. They were dug up and moved for some reason.

WTF was that about ?

Spelling is crap, but who cares.

They're presumably still where they we planted and according to the government "practically all are thriving today".   Google Earth suggests this might not be the case with quite a lot of bare patches and good growth only in certain areas.  But you can go and have a look the next time you are up at the Hospital.

14 hours ago, hissingsid said:

I am definitely on the side of the punters who are trying to get to work and being harassed and delayed by these toe rags that are probably on benefits or daft.   More strength to the commuters that gave this idiot a tug let us see a bit more of this and let the fuzz get on with catching criminals.   If anyone is caught flying one of those drones anywhere near an airport they should be locked up for years.   Just going slightly off topic, well everyone else does, how is Chris Thomas going to fly his drones to image the houses near the airport ? And have we not enough drones in Tynwald without spending money, loads of money, that we have not got, on hiring a firm, from across obviously to do the job.    Why not send a few Members of Tynwald up in a hot air balloon with telescopes ? All money saving ideas.

My word you've cracked perpetual motion! A self fuelling hot air balloon is the way forward and fits right in with the climate emergency bollocks.

On 10/19/2019 at 12:19 AM, Roger Mexico said:

They're presumably still where they we planted and according to the government "practically all are thriving today".   Google Earth suggests this might not be the case with quite a lot of bare patches and good growth only in certain areas.  But you can go and have a look the next time you are up at the Hospital.

no not where were planted at all. Moved shortly afterwards for reasons not told

Archived