Three Legs on North Barrule

slinkydevil

1 hour ago, the stinking enigma said:

Anybody that has a strong view on this from either side should be taken outside and shot until they are dead. Just my twopenneth.

Now the old fella cant get up there anymore, it'll soon become invisible. Not that I ever noticed it anyway.

8 hours ago, Boris Johnson said:

Remember "The isle of man where........................................................................................................................................................................ its as good as North Korea" for government meddling in every aspect of your life.

I wish

Traa Dy Juche

Some clarification regarding the source of the fuzzy picture and some other stuff, from today's Manx Independent:

1831034327_DronedroneBarrule.thumb.jpg.7475432ef24ccc4c3c65a3c0faa5feec.jpg

• Thanks 2

We have our own rock artists round here. Somebody assembled this recently in Borrowdale. Unlike your three legs guy this person has never made themselves known. 

The result was much the same. Two polar opposites of opinion. From how dare someone muck about with our lovely Lake District, to good on you matey, that's well good.

The authorities weighed in on the former side, only to be told by the legal beagles that planning permission wasn't needed, given that you don't need planning permission to move stones if they're already there. Believe me, you need planning permission round here to put your wheely bins out.

Off they went to appeal claiming that if this arch stood there'd be no end to it, there would be arches all over the place. You wouldn't be able to buy a slate barometer without falling over arches. And, anyway, we're the arbiters of taste in this neck of the woods. Bollocks said the judge, have you any idea how much effort this took? Who in their right mind is ever going to want to do another one of those?

Anyway, its still up there whilst they wrangle their way through it.

arch.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Expat. said:

We have our own rock artists round here. Somebody assembled this recently in Borrowdale. Unlike your three legs guy this person has never made themselves known. 

This would appear to be the crux of the matter.

For lots of reasons, I would suggest Mr Callister should have done it all on the quiet.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Expat. said:

The result was much the same. Two polar opposites of opinion. From how dare someone muck about with our lovely Lake District, to good on you matey, that's well good.

The authorities weighed in on the former side, only to be told by the legal beagles that planning permission wasn't needed, given that you don't need planning permission to move stones if they're already there. Believe me, you need planning permission round here to put your wheely bins out.

Off they went to appeal claiming that if this arch stood there'd be no end to it, there would be arches all over the place. You wouldn't be able to buy a slate barometer without falling over arches. And, anyway, we're the arbiters of taste in this neck of the woods. Bollocks said the judge, have you any idea how much effort this took? Who in their right mind is ever going to want to do another one of those?

Anyway, its still up there whilst they wrangle their way through it.

arch.jpg

When does it get painted white?

• Haha 1