Three Legs on North Barrule

slinkydevil

What is this shit? I mean I love the views up to North Barrule, it's rugged and natural and now I've got to look at some shitty 3 legs symbol that the fella wants to paint bright white.

"It's for the Manx people to remind them of..."  Look I don't need reminding I live here. What is it with sticking the 3 legs on things like it matters. It doesn't. I'm just getting older and grumpier but this has pissed me off. Apparentley he doesn't need planning to move stones, so I might dedicate the next few years in strewing ths shite back all over the place. 

Oh well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

What is this shit? I mean I love the views up to North Barrule, it's rugged and natural and now I've got to look at some shitty 3 legs symbol that the fella wants to paint bright white.

"It's for the Manx people to remind them of..."  Look I don't need reminding I live here. What is it with sticking the 3 legs on things like it matters. It doesn't. I'm just getting older and grumpier but this has pissed me off. Apparentley he doesn't need planning to move stones, so I might dedicate the next few years in strewing ths shite back all over the place. 

Oh well.

give me a shout when you go slinky, I'll bring the flask you bring the biscuits...

• Haha 1

oh come on slinky, don't be so miserable!

I think this is great, good on him.

He got no support whatsoever from anyone, so basically him and his family and friends did it. Didn't sit around and whinge, just got on with it.

No harm what-so-ever in showing a bit a national pride :) and he didn't spend £24k on it...

and now I've watched it... even better. Well done that mann.

Edited by b4mbi
watched it
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Declan said:

Good stuff. It’s just a grotty hill with grass and stuff, a bit of an eyesore. So good on him for making it a bit nicer. 

Sounds like someone is not at home in the outdoors.

The rule is "Leave only footprints..."

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

If rearranging the stones into an enormous three legs doesn't need planning, presumably rearranging them into an enormous penis wouldn't either.  And much more in the spirit of hillside land art.

(Obviously for equality reasons we'll need to put up an enormous vulva as well).

Well then surely moving and rearranging stones into a house shouldn't need planning permission by that logic.