Three Legs on North Barrule

slinkydevil

Well I admire the guy for doing this. Not a young man, which made it even more of a great effort to complete such an outstanding art piece.

As he says himself, it will be a talking point and something to look out for when passing by road or by plane. I can't see any downside to this at all.

There will always be the detractors though and several have already made childish comments trying to look big and clever.

Well done Mr Callister:)

Edited by dilligaf
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, slinkydevil said:

What is this shit? I mean I love the views up to North Barrule, it's rugged and natural and now I've got to look at some shitty 3 legs symbol that the fella wants to paint bright white.

"It's for the Manx people to remind them of..."  Look I don't need reminding I live here. What is it with sticking the 3 legs on things like it matters. It doesn't. I'm just getting older and grumpier but this has pissed me off. Apparentley he doesn't need planning to move stones, so I might dedicate the next few years in strewing ths shite back all over the place. 

Oh well.

I agree. The three legs symbol is overrated. Elsewhere, fine, but here it is just pointless sticking it everywhere. It's like putting a stereotypical double decker red bus symbol all over London. Totally pointless and takes something too far.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dilligaf said:

Well I admire the guy for doing this. Not a young man, which made it even more of a great effort to complete such an outstanding art piece.

As he says himself, it will be a talking point and something to look out for when passing by road or by plane. I can't see any downside to this at all.

The downside is that it's boring, ruins the view, and further pushes a symbol which is already over-saturated in its local presentation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:
6 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Not to us Manx it isn't

There’s a lot of us Manx about. How Manx are you? How far back can you trace your lineage here to question someone else’s heritage? 

Edited just now by Grounds Keeper Willy

About 300 years on one side. is that enough ?

My reply was to a poster who is sometimes jewish.

Edited by dilligaf
  • Haha 1

Just now, Grounds Keeper Willy said:
5 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

About 300 years on one side. is that enough ?

My reply was to a poster who is sometimes jewish.

Well I can trace mine back to about 1700 as well so I suppose that’s enough. I still don't see how that is relevant though. 

I just reckon most Manx folk and plenty of imports will admire it and praise the chap for his hard work .

Why not challenge "Wrighty" on this , as he likes it and is not Manx? 

If you are just agitating because it is me, don't bother. I am not getting into a fight over this 

. I like it. End of.

• Like 1

Just now, the stinking enigma said:

It's a pretty poor show getting this local amateur fruitcake to do it for free when we could have paid a swanky outdoor art firm from across a couple of hundred grand for the same job. Penny pinching bsstards

I think he is far from being that.:flowers:

6 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I just reckon most Manx folk and plenty of imports will admire it and praise the chap for his hard work .

Why not challenge "Wrighty" on this , as he likes it and is not Manx? 

If you are just agitating because it is me, don't bother. I am not getting into a fight over this 

. I like it. End of.

I hate it when families argue

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2