Three Legs on North Barrule

slinkydevil

I am seriously considering the elevator option but there aren't any double ones on the Island.

I might just opt for the picking up bits of random litter all day. It's pretty safe and at least doing something for the community.

But back on topic - climbing mountains and lugging random stones about into what I envisage might be a pattern or something  ...eek!! (bollocks to that)

Edited by gettafa
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, gettafa said:

I am seriously considering the elevator option but there aren't any double ones on the Island.

I might just opt for the picking up bits of random litter all day. It's pretty safe and at least doing something for the community.

But back on topic - climbing mountains and lugging random stones about into what I envisage might be a pattern or something  ...eek!! (bollocks to that)

What about the pair languishing in the Strand centre?

• Thanks 1

On 10/7/2019 at 9:55 PM, Rushen Spy said:

The downside is that it's boring, ruins the view, and further pushes a symbol which is already over-saturated in its local presentation.

On 10/7/2019 at 10:06 PM, dilligaf said:

Not to us Manx it isn't

On 10/7/2019 at 10:12 PM, dilligaf said:

About 300 years on one side. is that enough ?

My reply was to a poster who is sometimes jewish.

So, not even remotely as Manx as me then. Nor did anybody vote for you to represent all Manx people. Nobody speaks for us. We can speak for ourselves. Don't push any jingoistic nationalistic nonsense on me or on my behalf. I reject it all -- I reject the stupid three legs being everywhere, the stupid tartan (designed by an English person), the stupid bunting of flags, the stupid national anthem, the stupid efficacious labelling of a Manchester accent as "Manx", the stupid government, the stupid TT, the stupid claim that we have the world's oldest continuous parliament (BS!), the stupid Electric Railway, the stupid Horse Trams, the stupid obsession with Snaefell, the stupid wheel in Laxey, the stupid Promenade in Douglas, the stupid "rock", all the stupid "Manx" merchandise in the Welcome Centre and at the Museum, most of it made in China. This island is literally drowning in stupid jingoism. I could understand it if you lived somewhere a thousand miles away from here, but to have it in your face 365 days per year is just stupid. We live in such a big and diverse world; people who are overly attached to all these outward displays of jingoism must inwardly have such small minds.

Edited by Rushen Spy
  • Like 4

41 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

So, not even remotely as Manx as me then. Nor did anybody vote for you to represent all Manx people. Nobody speaks for us. We can speak for ourselves. Don't push any jingoistic nationalistic nonsense on me or on my behalf. I reject it all -- I reject the stupid three legs being everywhere, the stupid tartan (designed by an English person), the stupid bunting of flags, the stupid efficacious labelling of a Manchester accent as "Manx", the stupid government, the stupid TT, the stupid claim that we have the world's oldest continuous parliament (BS!), the stupid Electric Railway, the stupid Horse Trams, the stupid obsession with Snaefell, the stupid wheel in Laxey, the stupid Promenade in Douglas, the stupid "rock", all the stupid "Manx" merchandise in the Welcome Centre and at the Museum, most of it made in China. This island is literally drowning in stupid jingoism. I could understand it if you lived somewhere a thousand miles away from here, but to have it in your face 365 days per year is just stupid. We live in such a big and diverse world; people who are overly attached to all these outward displays of jingoism must inwardly have such small minds.

But you used to be a Jewish boy. Why did you change?

Edited by dilligaf

5 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

So, not even remotely as Manx as me then. Nor did anybody vote for you to represent all Manx people. Nobody speaks for us. We can speak for ourselves. Don't push any jingoistic nationalistic nonsense on me or on my behalf. I reject it all -- I reject the stupid three legs being everywhere, the stupid tartan (designed by an English person), the stupid bunting of flags, the stupid efficacious labelling of a Manchester accent as "Manx", the stupid government, the stupid TT, the stupid claim that we have the world's oldest continuous parliament (BS!), the stupid Electric Railway, the stupid Horse Trams, the stupid obsession with Snaefell, the stupid wheel in Laxey, the stupid Promenade in Douglas, the stupid "rock", all the stupid "Manx" merchandise in the Welcome Centre and at the Museum, most of it made in China. This island is literally drowning in stupid jingoism. I could understand it if you lived somewhere a thousand miles away from here, but to have it in your face 365 days per year is just stupid. We live in such a big and diverse world; people who are overly attached to all these outward displays of jingoism must inwardly have such small minds.

But not Senior Race Day or July 5th as you get the day off from the Civil Service so thay're quite clearly not stupid....

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

Calling me a "Jew boy". I am not personally offended because I'm not a snowflake, but that is generally regarded as a pejorative turn of phrase.

Why ?

you are a boy and often claimed to be a Jew

so you take offence for people you don’t know and ar3 offended on their behalf ?

Edited by dilligaf

9 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

So, not even remotely as Manx as me then. Nor did anybody vote for you to represent all Manx people. Nobody speaks for us. We can speak for ourselves. Don't push any jingoistic nationalistic nonsense on me or on my behalf. I reject it all -- I reject the stupid three legs being everywhere, the stupid tartan (designed by an English person), the stupid bunting of flags, the stupid national anthem, the stupid efficacious labelling of a Manchester accent as "Manx", the stupid government, the stupid TT, the stupid claim that we have the world's oldest continuous parliament (BS!), the stupid Electric Railway, the stupid Horse Trams, the stupid obsession with Snaefell, the stupid wheel in Laxey, the stupid Promenade in Douglas, the stupid "rock", all the stupid "Manx" merchandise in the Welcome Centre and at the Museum, most of it made in China. This island is literally drowning in stupid jingoism. I could understand it if you lived somewhere a thousand miles away from here, but to have it in your face 365 days per year is just stupid. We live in such a big and diverse world; people who are overly attached to all these outward displays of jingoism must inwardly have such small minds.

You appear to be living in a world of stupid...

• Haha 1