More FOI Whitewash? - Mr Malarkey

Manx Bean

15 minutes ago, 2112 said:

?????

Perhaps you can be more specific. There is nothing to say that we as taxpayers didn’t fund the reception within the confines of Government House? Or was food and drink brought in by outside catering to Government House? Perhaps the Copy Shop did the wedding invites?
Only saying............

Jesus Wept.

The FOI response is crystal clear.  At no cost.

You are making stuff up that isn't there.  I dont understand why.

I suspect Malarkey put more into the local economy for his wedding that a lot of people.  I put nothing in. Did it in the UK.  A couple of people at work this year did it abroad. No help to the local economy.

The response was pretty clear.  

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

This.

FOI has just given a charter to bitter nutters to bombard government with requests.

One of the main perpetrators is sat on a fat tax payer funded pension isn't he?

The sort that'll be lurking around IoM new and politics page and here spewing the usual rambling cack.

Why are you so concerned that the general public want to know answers to some relevant (to them) questions?

26 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Jesus Wept.

The FOI response is crystal clear.  At no cost.

No financial cost, maybe, maybe not.

But a cost to the perception of good governance. The Governor might, for example,  have to look into the affairs of The Home Affairs Department. Which would be a bit difficult when his newly found pal had his wedding reception at his gaff.

13 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Why are you so concerned that the general public want to know answers to some relevant (to them) questions?

I'm not "so concerned ".

"relevant to them" - great.  But the vast majority are not really relevant to them.  It's a combination of bitterness, being nosey or down right wasting time because they literally have nothing going on in their lives.

A good FOI request would actually be - what is the annual cost in totality of all the staff and resources dedicated to the receiving, gathering, researching, checking, counter checking, replying etc etc  FOI requests.

Wouldn't surprise me to see it costing seven figures a year eventually.  I'm sure you'll be happy with that Neil.

1 hour ago, piebaps said:

Sorry Rog but its you that's being disingenuous. You have no idea who cleared up etc and have simply assumed it was Gov't staff.

The FOI request is clearly from someone with an interest in Bungalow Bill as it was the second one.

I would presume that the marquee was erected and removed and the on-the-night clear-up done by hired staff.  But there would still be the more general preparation and restitution required that would apply for any event.  That's why venues charge for venue hire - there's always costs associated - including for the associated administrative organisation to set things up. 

In practice, this will have been absorbed into the general overheads of running Government House and no one would object at no charge being made if it was for some Government event or for some charity reception (as the other two events that month were), but this was a private event.  It gives the impression that members of the Government treat public property as available for their own personal use in a way that the rest of us wouldn't be entitled to have (even for ready money).

I'm also afraid you're making the same assumption about this that we so often see here - that any questioning of someone associated with the Government must be motivated by some personal grievance (in this case against Malarkey).  In actual fact the earlier FoI request[1] suggests the opposite, because it didn't mention him  and only picked up on "Saturday 15 September (afternoon and evening): Wedding in the Garden This was organised and funded by Mr and Mrs Malarkey. There was no cost to Government House or the Manx taxpayer" from the response, assuming (incorrectly) it was for a daughter.  Maybe they had heard a rumour about it being used for a private event - but they clearly didn't know for whom.

Incidentally the earlier FoI response rather confirms my point about the under-use of Government House with only three events in three months (plus a couple of one-off tours).

[1]  Public Authority: Cabinet Office, Case ID: 994597, Title: Use of Government House in August, September and October 2018, Date submitted: 07/10/19.

11 minutes ago, The Orgozoid said:

What identical type views would those be? Anyone who questions or asks for further facts about some of the things you post? 

This feels like one of those circular arguments where you haven't read anything so you (and some other identical types) are stuck on repeat.

Massive surprise you showing up now too - said no one ever.:rolleyes:

17 minutes ago, The Orgozoid said:

Sorry who has done what again? I’m really confused. Isn’t anyone allowed to question you about some of the angry guff that you seem to have posted in the last week yet you seem to claim the right challenge the entire forum about everything. That doesn’t really seem fair to me. That’s all I was pointing out. 

You do seemed confused.  It seems you dont like to be challenged (and of course constantly refer to someone being angry) and also just prefer to ignore the pertinent points to suit your own agenda.  It feels alarmingly familiar.  I wonder why that is?  Has Boredom set in?

15 minutes ago, The Orgozoid said:

As I said in another thread there seems to be little point in most posters debating with you. It seems that the rest of the forum is constantly wrong in your view and yet paradoxically you appear to claim that you are constantly right in every situation. It’s a shame that you don’t seem to be open or receptive to any other posters view and seem to regard any challenge to anything you say as some sort of personal attack rather than merely being a request for further information or facts IMHO. 

Lol. I'm not entering your game again. Really boring.

Archived