IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

In the early days of the Abbotswood debacle I thought is was Nobles dumping people out of their wards that had caused the problem. As had happened elsewhere in England?

More recently, I heard, ( from a Nurse in the Pub), that it was a staff member who had brought the bug in, knowingly or not and continued to work!

Still requires an investigation of DHSCs take over and closing of the business in the manner they did it?

Would require a civil case for detriment to the business to resolve???

Well, there have been around 50,000 Covid deaths in the UK. Less than 1,000 of those are people under 60 years old, and nearly all of those 1,000 had underlying health conditions. So, if the idea of the vaccine is to save lives, why vaccinate everyone? In addition, the chances of catching Covid more than once are minimal to nil. If you have had it, why have the vaccine? 

Free annual flu vaccine is reserved for the elderly. Younger people can have it if they pay for it. Do the same for this. If you don't want Covid, have the vaccine. 

As has been said all along, protect the vulnerable. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kopek said:

In the early days of the Abbotswood debacle I thought is was Nobles dumping people out of their wards that had caused the problem. As had happened elsewhere in England?

More recently, I heard, ( from a Nurse in the Pub), that it was a staff member who had brought the bug in, knowingly or not and continued to work!

Still requires an investigation of DHSCs take over and closing of the business in the manner they did it?

Would require a civil case for detriment to the business to resolve???

I'm none the wiser but I'm sure I heard it came through from a postie at the Southern Delivery Office.

But all this shows to me is that nobody knows.

3 minutes ago, Apple said:

Oh, I think they do. 

Oh I'm sure somebody does. I imagine @rachomics does actually, given her fine work in pinning the Isle of Mans entire COVID case count up until Summer to only around 16 index cases as I recall.

But I'm sure we will find out what they want us to find out. Whoever they may be.

My wife had to go to the UK today for a medical procedure and after spending all day observing all precautions and socially distancing was 
herded on to a completely full flight back! About 15 people who had been across for medical reasons and the rest from all over the Uk, many students returning early for Christmas (not getting into student bashing) but if social distancing is required while in the UK surely it should be continued on the plane or boat to minimise the risk to the Island.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Billy the Kid said:

My wife had to go to the UK today for a medical procedure and after spending all day observing all precautions and socially distancing was 
herded on to a completely full flight back! About 15 people who had been across for medical reasons and the rest from all over the Uk, many students returning early for Christmas (not getting into student bashing) but if social distancing is required while in the UK surely it should be continued on the plane or boat to minimise the risk to the Island.

Be grateful your wife got her treatment. Spoke to guy today who has been told he has at best, two years to live unless he gots his op.Now he is not getting his op across as surgery has ceased.

Edited by Scotty