Fancy a pint?

PaulJ

5 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Didnt the swan have a guest cask ale on 5 years or so ago when Trevor was there. The brewery are keen to sell them but people have to buy them. Look at the prospect and woody as examples.

If someone could persuade the manageress that the locals want a cask ale I'm sure they would.

My observation of the locals though is that they are more Carling than Timothy Taylor's.

Do Ramseyites all still buy Carling by the can rather than the pint.

Always though that a bit odd when visiting Ramsey pubs 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Seven quid for a scotch egg. Hahaha. Sod off.

Bloody hell?  Do you think that is expensive for what is in the photo served on a real plate in a nice warm, insured and staffed premises?

They will be paying several thousand a year just to be allowed to play music never mind anything else.

1 hour ago, Peter Layman said:

It looks, like the brewery are now individual pubs to come up with their own menus. I hope this is the case

I think most of them still have to work from the standard cookbook that gives detailed instructions and portion sizes.

Somewhere like Oscars is not in the same market as normal food orientated pub

48 minutes ago, kevster said:

I think most of them still have to work from the standard cookbook that gives detailed instructions and portion sizes.

Somewhere like Oscars is not in the same market as normal food orientated pub

I was in the UK last week had an excellent meal in a harvester  massive salad bar honey and glazed  half chicken sweet chilli  dressing  all the trimmings and a pint of Amstel lager £9-99 , 

similar deal in Witherspoon's  in Liverpool choice of starter or sweet , .decent main course and a beer   under £10   the lot   Okells red was on sale for less then £2  a pint , no wonder the place is full of students ,

we are a captive audience here  with little choice ,other than the free houses who seem to be trying to attract decent custom , best food I have had locally for taste and value is at Cycle 360 , so good you have to fight for a seat sometimes but worth waiting for