Chief Constable tries selective hearing

Mr Newbie

55 minutes ago, The Duck of Atholl said:

That is quite shocking particularly offences of dishonesty. You wouldn't have got in back in the day but standards in all aspects including initial training and fitness seem to be down the toilet.

You are joking of course? "Back in the day", every career crim had a copper in their pocket.  When I lived in "the smoke" there was a high ranking policeman who was the "go to" fella for drugs probably from substances confiscated, or getting DVLA info.   He was very respectable in all other respects and had a bravery award for his involvement some high profile event which I cant remember, possibly the Iranian Embassy siege.  This was seen as an acceptable side line, a bit like a plumber doing foreigners. 

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

I would wager that the vast majority of those very small number of offences  were committed as juveniles.

I did notice that it includes - "A constable has a conviction for buying alcohol while under age".

I think it's reasonable for the police to recruit people who've turned their lives around.

4 minutes ago, Declan said:

I did notice that it includes - "A constable has a conviction for buying alcohol while under age".

I think it's reasonable for the police to recruit people who've turned their lives around.

Turned their lives around? Buying a bit of alcohol underage is hardly a position where you "need to turn your life around".    Neither is giving someone a smack. Or getting caught speeding.

3 hours ago, Gladys said:

You are joking of course? "Back in the day", every career crim had a copper in their pocket.  When I lived in "the smoke" there was a high ranking policeman who was the "go to" fella for drugs probably from substances confiscated, or getting DVLA info.   He was very respectable in all other respects and had a bravery award for his involvement some high profile event which I cant remember, possibly the Iranian Embassy siege.  This was seen as an acceptable side line, a bit like a plumber doing foreigners. 

Why would I be joking about not being eligible for service with a conviction for dishonesty? you just weren't

Archived