Chief Constable tries selective hearing

Mr Newbie

This looks like a weird one. So the Chief Constable after tweeting so comprehensively his support for black lives matter and inclusivity the other day now doesn’t want to hear anything negative on social media so he is having a rest .. 

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/chief-constable-takes-break-from-angry-and-hostile-social-media/

When you Tweet in support of a movement which has been a catalyst for violent clashes against the police in the last few days as you are trying to appear to be obsessively politically correct maybe you might be expected to get a bit of negative feedback in response? But rather than take it clearly it’s better to have a nice rest instead so you don't have to read so called hostile opinions. Let’s also not forget that this is from the head of a police force that’s hit the UK national press in the last few weeks for its strong-arm tactics and the jailing of just about anyone they could lay their hands on (including juveniles) under emergency powers legislation. Best not read the papers either because surely the reports of legal challenges and other claims can’t be too far behind. 

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Why is there yet another BLM thread?

It’s got nothing to do with BLM it’s about the Chief Constable withdrawing from social media. I’m just speculating as to the reasons why someone wouldn’t want to hear feedback from the public in that position. Will other public servants be giving up Twitter when they hear things they don’t like from the people who pay their wages? 

1 hour ago, Mr Newbie said:

It’s got nothing to do with BLM it’s about the Chief Constable withdrawing from social media. I’m just speculating as to the reasons why someone wouldn’t want to hear feedback from the public in that position. Will other public servants be giving up Twitter when they hear things they don’t like from the people who pay their wages? 

Why can’t the CC do us all a favour, retire gracefully. I’m sure he will get a Gong like other other Government stooges that go before him. He is becoming an embarrassment.

14 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

Maybe he's had enough of the constant whining

I would suggest that’s part of the job. A lot of the things the IOM constabulary has done over the Covid period are highly questionable and have grabbed us adverse headlines the UK news papers so maybe if you don’t like criticism it’s best to not do things that are open for criticism in the first place? There seems to be a lot of people in government and Tynwald in the IOM who only like one-way social media. It’s great when they’re pumping out crap everyday telling everyone how great they are. Not so great when the public responds telling you you’re not. It would be good to know what all this is over though but it does seem rather unfortunate that two days ago he publicly tweeted to support a cause that then promptly attacked 40 odd UK police officers in staged riots a day or so afterwards. 

This CC has done nothing to lead the Constabulary forward. What he has done is encourage a culture of arrogant complacency. He has a skill in delivering empty BS and enjoys self-congratulation. Perhaps his most irritating habit is his tendency to engage in virtue signalling, the like of which this week looks very ill-judged. Now wonder he wishes to quit the hostile echo-chambers of his own creation.

Mr Newbie so you think that the actions of the Government and IOM Police over the lockdown have been wrong.Fuck me this Island has had an escape and it was due to those draconian measures.The clowns running around Pulrose had to be stopped.Bang a few up in better conditions then they have at home is a small price to pay.Unfortunately the CC was wrong in his tweet and now all the leftist unemployable scum and alleged "chartity workers" will be on parade in the morning.Let us see how many turn up.I will be in observance with my trusty camera....Let those that do not observe the two metre rule join the dole queue....

18 minutes ago, SJR said:

Mr Newbie so you think that the actions of the Government and IOM Police over the lockdown have been wrong.Fuck me this Island has had an escape and it was due to those draconian measures.The clowns running around Pulrose had to be stopped.Bang a few up in better conditions then they have at home is a small price to pay.Unfortunately the CC was wrong in his tweet and now all the leftist unemployable scum and alleged "chartity workers" will be on parade in the morning.Let us see how many turn up.I will be in observance with my trusty camera....Let those that do not observe the two metre rule join the dole queue....

To be honest you sound absolutely crackers so I’m not that bothered what you think. But looking at New Zealand or even near places like Jersey or Guernsey they seem to have managed to get to similar levels of infection without breaching peoples human rights and sending them all off to prison. 

Archived