A costly jetski visit to the Isle of Man.

Langweilig

It smells of a lie...

Would a jet ski have sufficient fuel to make that trip?  4.5 hours in the Irish Sea sounds a long time for something that size and exposed in the winter.  Much more likely that he hitched a lift on a trawler, maybe did the final stint to Ramsey on the Jet Ski, or maybe stowed away in a van or car on the Ferry courtesy of a mate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

It smells of a lie...

Would a jet ski have sufficient fuel to make that trip?  4.5 hours in the Irish Sea sounds a long time for something that size and exposed in the winter.  Much more likely that he hitched a lift on a trawler, maybe did the final stint to Ramsey on the Jet Ski, or maybe stowed away in a van or car on the Ferry courtesy of a mate. 

It's plausible on the bigger ones, I couldn't make it out on the photos, but a Yamaha WaveRunner of similar size will do 75-150 miles on a tank of fuel.

I reckon he's at least gotten a tug out to the edge of Manx waters.

56 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

It smells of a lie...

An average jet ski can run around 1-2 hours on a tank of gas, if you ride it at full speed. If you ride it at best cruise speed, you can expect to ride a jet ski for 4-7 hours before you need to refill. Safe money is on a fishing boat ferrying people to and from the Island...

23 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

An average jet ski can run around 1-2 hours on a tank of gas, if you ride it at full speed. If you ride it at best cruise speed, you can expect to ride a jet ski for 4-7 hours before you need to refill. Safe money is on a fishing boat ferrying people to and from the Island...

I'd guess that they're trying to be quiet about that fact, as if there is anything organised on that front, they'll want to nip it in the bud.

1 hour ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

I reckon he's at least gotten a tug out to the edge of Manx waters.

He must have been expecting an exceptional tug when he got here to make the journey in the first place....

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Neil Down said:

Would you be able to cross the Irish Sea at cruise speed in the winter?  Some pretty strong currents around there.

2 hours ago, Neil Down said:

Its likely he had a Jerry can with him, that would’ve been enough, nobody would do that journey without doing a little bit of research. The Journey also took 3 hours not 4.5 hours, he left at 8pm and arrived at 1am, well that’s one one article stated, the one above is different no chance it took 4.5 hours.

I do call bullshit on the walk though, there is no way someone has the stamina to ride for 3 hours solid, then walk over an hour over (the climb out of Ramsey being an absolute killer), then meet up with his lass who was none the wiser (surely he’d be a sweaty mess), then go out for the evening, then no doubt making up for some lost time, christ some stamina that fella!

To be fair the girl is at least quite attractive, I’m quite surprised no-one has made a meme about her parents being out and she’s home alone yet.

Edited by Annoymouse