Douglas Central

Toast? hahahaa - I got in a mood with Chris over my daughter not getting a teaching job on the Island, turns out she’s much better off where she is, promotions and extra things (that don’t happen here).

It’s not personal, it’s policy - people would do well to remember that. Don’t vote for your friend, vote for the person who will be the best person for the job and the Isle of Man.

• Like 2

On 9/21/2021 at 5:52 PM, 2bees said:

Don’t vote for your friend, vote for the person who will be the best person for the job and the Isle of Man.

That's absolutely idyllic, Bees....

And then we need to consider the CS' almost diametrically opposed approach but delete "friend" and insert "malleable puppet".

Difficult decision. Anne doesn't impress me - when her "20 is plenty" campaign kicked off, she was seemingly unable to explain how a 20mph limit would make a difference to speeding, when her doorstep point seemed to be that a minority of people weren't adhering to the existing 30mph limit. Her proposed 20mph limit seemed only to actively inconvenience the majority of law-abiding people who were already sticking to the 30mph limit, rather than affecting the speeders who were already ignoring it, and would continue to do so without a copper on every corner. 

• Like 1

On 9/21/2021 at 3:17 PM, offshoremanxman said:

How will she be toast? 

I've misused the word toast.

But keeping with it, @thebees will be treated like a piece of toast

that has fallen on the floor, butter side down, in a puddle of dog pee, and now in the bin, festering away and allowed to soak and rot until the binmen take the rubbish to the incinerator where that piece of mouldy old dough will be evaporated and forgotten forever.

....until the next election

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 1

I will be canvassing for people to vote until the next election. I don’t care who people vote for but they need to understand that we cannot afford to be so relaxed about elections. Policy not personality, is important when faced with the challenges the Island has.

I’m happy for Anne that she beat her BFF Sara, the stories have come from all angles so, they’re true - to actively encourage people not to use both of their votes is an act of desperation. The council needs people like Anne and Sara, or maybe even council needs open and honest people… 

Damian did well considering the area he was in and I hope we haven’t seen the last of him - he will mature and has valuable skills that would add to government.