Glenfaba & Peel

Listened to Beth tearing into Tim in a interview earlier seems some candidates get a heavier grilling than others especially ones who have any criticism of government and seek change, like Zarley said in his post, I am also warming to Crookall a much better alternative to Booty and Hammy. Personally although Mrs Davies is by far to best political interviewer manx radio has bar none  I don’t think she should be doing them considering her hubby is up towards the top of the tree in government. Kate and Tim would be my pick.

Edited by GreyWolf

19 hours ago, GreyWolf said:

Listened to Beth tearing into Tim in a interview earlier seems some candidates get a heavier grilling than others especially ones who have any criticism of government and seek change, like Zarley said in his post, I am also warming to Crookall a much better alternative to Booty and Hammy. Personally although Mrs Davies is by far to best political interviewer manx radio has bar none  I don’t think she should be doing them considering her hubby is up towards the top of the tree in government. Kate and Tim would be my pick.

What programme was the Beth Espey interview on?

3 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

What programme was the Beth Espey interview on?

With the dumbing down of Manx Radio, I have really missed the one on one interviews that they used to do when candidates could be challenged. Maybe they have done them and I have not heard but they are not anywhere obvious. I used to be in favour of the funding of Manx Radio for its speech based news and other programs but morning mandate has gone, Sunday opinion and mandate have gone to be replaced by essentially generic music shows.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lost Login said:

With the dumbing down of Manx Radio, I have really missed the one on one interviews that they used to do when candidates could be challenged. Maybe they have done them and I have not heard but they are not anywhere obvious. I used to be in favour of the funding of Manx Radio for its speech based news and other programs but morning mandate has gone, Sunday opinion and mandate have gone to be replaced by essentially generic music shows.

It's not good, I'm struggling to find stuff

Hope MLC SHarpe will bring her public media report back to Tynwald, updated perhaps to account for the horrors of today

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SleepyJoe said:

It's not good, I'm struggling to find stuff

Hope MLC SHarpe will bring her public media report back to Tynwald, updated perhaps to account for the horrors of today

No, just no. It would be nice to have one administration where they don't have an investigation into Public Media.

16 hours ago, Rhumsaa said:

Kate shot down Richard Slee brilliantly I thought

You mean when he asked her is she was going to resign her MLC seat if she was unsuccessful, and she replied "are you going to ask the other candidates if they are going to resign their jobs if they are unsuccessful".

Oh come on. 

That quote will stick with her for the rest of her days.

• Thanks 1