Firm closing

finlo

1 hour ago, piebaps said:

Then why oh why do you come on here pontificating about other people's business ventures.

I think I know - its ego. Like Derek fucking Flint. He's not been in the titheads for 5 years but still comes on here like he runs the local force.

Because I live here and, like you, I’m entitled to my opinion. 

Like everyone on here at some point, you might not agree with me. However people like you then feel some personal insult and argue back. If I wasn’t so forthright and it were someone else, then you probably wouldn’t bother. Plenty of people on this thread having pops at businesses that didn’t go. I don’t see you feeling the need to reply to their comments. 

• Like 1

@jackwhite is perfectly entitled to his opinions and is also perfectly entitled to share those opinions on here. Really, I don't see the problem.

By the way, I've been in the Front Porch a couple of times and it's definitely not one of my favorites, everyone doesn't have to like the same stuff and they are perfectly fine to share this, even @jackwhite.

He was dead wrong about the whiskey, rum, craft beer place though. No sign (and can't remember the name, is there perhaps a connection?), still no licensee details above door (I don't think?), doesn't look anything like a bar from outside, but maybe that's the point, lots of random home printed signs in the windows. A lot of the criticism of the place was, and still is, well placed.

13 minutes ago, reptar said:

@jackwhite is perfectly entitled to his opinions and is also perfectly entitled to share those opinions on here. Really, I don't see the problem.

By the way, I've been in the Front Porch a couple of times and it's definitely not one of my favorites, everyone doesn't have to like the same stuff and they are perfectly fine to share this, even @jackwhite.

He was dead wrong about the whiskey, rum, craft beer place though. No sign (and can't remember the name, is there perhaps a connection?), still no licensee details above door (I don't think?), doesn't look anything like a bar from outside, but maybe that's the point, lots of random home printed signs in the windows. A lot of the criticism of the place was, and still is, well placed.

Fair comment on all.

I know a few things behind what you’re mentioning and disagree on one or two points. I don’t think I was dead wrong on much that was actually discussed. For example, they do have signage in the windows, other than the notices. The notices actually have drawn lots of attention and subsequent business. 

So unless directly asked a simple fact check (stock for example) I’m going to refrain from talking about the business. 

Like me, you’re free to criticise. You’re also free to think it’s not for you. I rarely hear that if someone ventures in though, often with initial reservations. 

3 hours ago, reptar said:

I walked past it on Saturday evening about 9pm there were about 15 in that I could see and they were advertising the superbowl but no idea how we'll attended it was.

3 hours ago, reptar said:

And they still havnt found the heating on switch?

3 hours ago, jackwhite said:

For example, they do have signage in the windows, other than the notices. The notices actually have drawn lots of attention and subsequent business. 

Like me, you’re free to criticise. You’re also free to think it’s not for you. I rarely hear that if someone ventures in though, often with initial reservations. 

It's probably right up my street based on what I've heard they sell. Although hearing that they were big into showing the rugby put me right off again. That's what I'd expect to see on in, hmmm, I don't know, somewhere like the Front Porch perhaps😄. Anyway, I'm sure at some point I'll go in and I may well really love it.

I'm guessing though that it's supposed to be a cut above the likes of the Front Porch etc. so you'll never convince me that having shed loads of home printed A4 'signs' in the window is a good look. Adverts in a bar like this should be minimal, professional, and laser focused. Look at the exterior of Henderson & Glass (see that, I remembered the name and I've only been in once, they must be doing something right with how they present themselves).

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, reptar said:

It's probably right up my street based on what I've heard they sell. Although hearing that they were big into showing the rugby put me right off again. That's what I'd expect to see on in, hmmm, I don't know, somewhere like the Front Porch perhaps😄. Anyway, I'm sure at some point I'll go in and I may well really love it.

I'm guessing though that it's supposed to be a cut above the likes of the Front Porch etc. so you'll never convince me that having shed loads of home printed A4 'signs' in the window is a good look. Adverts in a bar like this should be minimal, professional, and laser focused. Look at the exterior of Henderson & Glass (see that, I remembered the name and I've only been in once, they must be doing something right with how they present themselves).

You don’t like it. They get loads of passing trade from it. What would you do? It is focused, on people who like beer. 

They’ve tried sport but only show it on demand. So 3pm on a Saturday you might find a game on with the sound turned down, on one screen only. 

The guys don’t consider themselves a cut above anyone. 

I’m a slightly biased 3rd party. Their products are miles better than Front Porch IMO and incredibly laid back. That’s what they went for, that’s what they’ve got. It’s not for everyone. 

23 hours ago, Banker said:

A good fish restaurant similar to the Boatyard would be good where tacoma is, the fish restaurant which is now Vibe the vegetarian place was never replaced and little fish is overpriced for the product plus annoyingly they add 12.5% gratuity onto bill .

Except the Boatyard isn't a good fish restaurant. They are hit and miss.

21 hours ago, jackwhite said:

No, that's me.

But as I quite clearly said in that post, I'm not actively involved in the business. 

I explained this at the time, but will do so again for your benefit. 

They are friends of mine. I have known one of them a long, long time. I invested some money. I'm no longer invested in the business. 

You're wasting your time Jack. They don't like facts on here...