Mini reshuffle

John Wright

22 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

Of course it's an apology, you foul-mouthed weirdo freak. What's your problem with me that you need to stalk me? What do you know about being a good politician? Was it your Leaf I saw in traffic? Whatever it was that I did to offend you so much, please tell me so I can do it some more.

I think you need to learn , that as an elected politician and hopefully someone who can make a difference , this is the last place you need to be engaging. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, A fool and his money..... said:

I think he's right, we are going to hell in a handcart, but the reason is rather closer to home than he realises.

Most people love their children and grandchildren, and therefore (if they can afford it) they will spend some time to squirrel away some of their wealth to pass it on to the kids (some even come to the IoM to escape the UK’s dreaded inheritance tax). Astoundingly, many of these loving parents, grannies and grandpas etc., don’t seem to understand that if the world continues on the same trajectory that it is currently on, then by as soon as circa 2050, climate change/ global warming will make many parts of the earth uninhabitable. Most scientists agree that this is the most likely scenario. It is worth reading George Monbiot’s essays on this subject, to name just one commentator.

Owing to climate change/ global warming turmoil (destruction), it will not matter that much where the kids/ grandkids live. If half of the planet is too fried to support life and the other half is drowning, they will have ‘Apocalypse now’. Those descendants will not be thanking their ‘families’ for their relatively worthless inheritance, they will be condemning and cursing them for their failure to preserve our planet for future generations; i.e., for them. Hoping that hiding out on a rock in the middle of the Irish Sea, when everything around us is falling apart, will somehow save us and our descendants from the worst of climate change/ global warming damage is delusional thinking.    

Edited by code99
typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Anyone said:

I think you need to learn , that as an elected politician and hopefully someone who can make a difference , this is the last place you need to be engaging. 

I absolutely disagree. I find it invigorating (if sometimes irritating) to see how different people react to current affairs. I'm all for listening to alternative points of view and have had my mind changed a few times thanks to the more sensible people on MF.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

I absolutely disagree.

I agree with your disagreement. It might be different if you'd only joined up and started pontificating after you were elected, but you've been on here forever through thick (no pun intended) and thin. If anyone already knows that you can't fool all of the people all of the time, it's you 😉

7 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

I absolutely disagree. I find it invigorating (if sometimes irritating) to see how different people react to current affairs. I'm all for listening to alternative points of view and have had my mind changed a few times thanks to the more sensible people on MF.

Yes but most of the posters on here , me included , are nuts. Maybe that’s why you are on here. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Sheldon said:

I agree with your disagreement. It might be different if you'd only joined up and started pontificating after you were elected, but you've been on here forever through thick (no pun intended) and thin. If anyone already knows that you can't fool all of the people all of the time, it's you 😉

I think I agree with that agreement or disagreement. And I agree with Stu Peters on agreement even though he finds me disagreeable , and I agree with that. I think.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Anyone said:

I think I agree with that agreement or disagreement. And I agree with Stu Peters on agreement even though he finds me disagreeable , and I agree with that. I think.

It's £5 for an argument and your time is up

• Haha 3