DSL line dropping frequently?

I have had frequent line drops, not every day. Today the DSL drops 2-3 times an hour.

Support pages do not suggest anything wrong with the network.

Machine good. (Not IPV6 or power saving etc)

Router stays on an logs outages. DSL drops.

Not the microfilter

Not my cables.

Drops and then reconnects after a minute.

(It has done it twice while typing this) (three times now)

I am assuming a line fault somewhere or something on the route. Anyone else having this same issue?

It'll be a fault on the line, it usually is despite what MT tell you. They'll begrudgingly come out, once you've agreed to pay them a king's ransom if it's your fault, it'll take them a week though to get round to their first attempt at fixing it, every time you report it after that will be treated as a new fault which will also take them a week to respond to, when they finally do fix it (probably around Christmas) there will be no admission of responsibility and no apology for the shoddy service - oh and no refund for the new router they told you would definitely fix the problem as "we don't support them" having been only too happy to sell you it for 50% more than the most expensive online price you can find.

No, buried cable.

The secret line test in quiet mode crackles a lot. Suggesting water on condensation somewhere along the line. Just living with it. Line can drop at night when the computer is off, the router logs it. I was thinking of putting in a call. Probably would not get anywhere.

If there is something wrong with the service evident by the DSL dropping out, why wouldn’t you get it repaired?

It’s part of the maintenance agreement you have with your service provider. The pushback is usually WiFi related but as you have mentioned you can see the DSL flapping, your ISP would also be able to see that and notice a service issue.