Any recommendations for .im domain registrations

On 3/4/2023 at 8:46 PM, AcousticallyChallenged said:

I moved away from 123-reg when their prices were much higher than domain monster who I’d been migrated from before that. 

Same here. Domain Monster were good compared with 123. 

• Like 1

On 3/3/2023 at 8:06 PM, gadget said:

Have had some domains with 123-reg and received the same email.  

Had already started moving .im domains to Netcetera some time ago. 

How did you get on with unlocking the domains do you could transfer them? I’ve had several support tickets over a few days and they still aren’t unlocked despite them saying they are. 

I use Wix because it’s wysiwyg and there are loads of codey pages you can build fairly good stuff off without having to be too bright. Do you make your own sites? Asking because I’m nosey and about to launch a business/website :)

15 hours ago, 2bees said:

I use Wix because it’s wysiwyg and there are loads of codey pages you can build fairly good stuff off without having to be too bright. Do you make your own sites? Asking because I’m nosey and about to launch a business/website :)

I sort of fell into doing websites in the 90’s, at one time for MT, Steam Packet, Enterprise (ISP) etc, but I’m well out of it now. For some reason I’ve always had separate domain registration and web hosting. Nowadays it’s pretty much friends and family stuff but I’m trying to offload being responsible for other people’s domain registrations and get them on their own accounts. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Old Git said:

I sort of fell into doing websites in the 90’s, at one time for MT, Steam Packet, Enterprise (ISP) etc, but I’m well out of it now. For some reason I’ve always had separate domain registration and web hosting. Nowadays it’s pretty much friends and family stuff but I’m trying to offload being responsible for other people’s domain registrations and get them on their own accounts. 

I've been shifting people onto Cloudflare Pages where I can for static sites, it's magically set and forget.

I still don't know how I feel about Cloudflare though, they have very much gotten themselves everywhere and quickly, whilst appearing to be good guys. Maybe I'm cynical.

23 hours ago, The Old Git said:

How did you get on with unlocking the domains do you could transfer them? I’ve had several support tickets over a few days and they still aren’t unlocked despite them saying they are. 

The process was slightly more involved than for some other TLDs, but my approach was to raise a support ticket with 123-reg for each domain asking for an EPP Code.  When I had them, I then registered the domains with Netcetera and entered the code when asked in a popup. The whole process was completed in less than three hours.  

On 3/8/2023 at 3:43 PM, gadget said:

The process was slightly more involved than for some other TLDs, but my approach was to raise a support ticket with 123-reg for each domain asking for an EPP Code.  When I had them, I then registered the domains with Netcetera and entered the code when asked in a popup. The whole process was completed in less than three hours.  

I’ve had the t/f codes for a while, but the useless tossers seem incapable of actually unlocking any .im domains.