Only two weeks of the year!

La Colombe

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Not another whining thread about TT , haven’t you whined enough on main thread you idiot!, the roads closed has been publicised extensively on radio, papers, social media even on here so if you didn’t know you’re just stupid!

We could have this as the TT whinge thread, I’ve usually got a gripe or two when the week gets going. Music too loud at Noble’s Park, queues of traffic on the prom, stuff like that. 

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Two-lane said:

There is a sign at Hillberry, but I can believe it was not up-to-date. I checked here:

https://www.gov.im/highways/

for current information about the signs - good news, there is an app. on Google Play.

I tried the download and got the response "This app isn't available for your device because it was made for an older version of Android"

In other words: "Welcome to the Isle of Man - always at the forefront of white-hot leading-edge technology".

The web app still appears to be online.  
https://readthesigns.gov.im/

21 hours ago, La Colombe said:

Tried to go Douglas to Ramsey via mountain road today. Shut beyond the Creg

What a shock it must have been. They’ve only making the mountain one-way in TT fortnight since, ooh, 2008.

ETA: nope, no warning.

image.thumb.png.044d66720248ce15459ffd7ab8541fe3.png

Edited by Ringy Rose

On 5/26/2023 at 8:49 PM, finlo said:

Two weeks! Those of us in the north have had about 8 weeks inconvenience to enable the next 2 weeks of further inconvenience!

Glad someone else has said this, 40mph limit for most of it since April, 3 or 4 sets of traffic lights during that time and now its a 50mph limit for most of it, which now makes overtaking a slow moving vehicle legally almost impossible, which I can only imagine is the main reason behind it. I preferred the old method of letting the crazies get on with it and let normal folk pootle at 60mph.

• Like 1