Looking to move, and looking for work

Hi All

I will apologies at first if this is in the wrong area of this forum of if this isn't allowed.

My name Connor, I'm 28 and a groundworker/ landscaper by trade and looking to move of mainland UK to the Isle Of Man but before i make the plunge i would like to try and get into work and get any and all permits i need. i currently have a business which is struggling to keep going simply because prices are high, and even with cutting down on labour and as many costs as possible, work still isn't guaranteed and i would be better of working a minimum wage job.

A minimum wage job honestly looks better than what i am doing now as i would arguably would have less stress and more time to  my self, not to mention working on site in the uk and almost demoralising despite being ok paided.

If there is anyone here who would be willing to help out or may have any job offers in would be greatly appreciated, im willing to take any jobs in the field of my expertise's but im willing to do any kind of hard labouring, driving, etc. 

Many thanks, if anyone wishes to contact me please do. !

1 hour ago, Connor Humphries said:

Hi All

I will apologies at first if this is in the wrong area of this forum of if this isn't allowed.

My name Connor, I'm 28 and a groundworker/ landscaper by trade and looking to move of mainland UK to the Isle Of Man but before i make the plunge i would like to try and get into work and get any and all permits i need. i currently have a business which is struggling to keep going simply because prices are high, and even with cutting down on labour and as many costs as possible, work still isn't guaranteed and i would be better of working a minimum wage job.

A minimum wage job honestly looks better than what i am doing now as i would arguably would have less stress and more time to  my self, not to mention working on site in the uk and almost demoralising despite being ok paided.

If there is anyone here who would be willing to help out or may have any job offers in would be greatly appreciated, im willing to take any jobs in the field of my expertise's but im willing to do any kind of hard labouring, driving, etc. 

Many thanks, if anyone wishes to contact me please do. !

Good luck

I am many others have great difficulties in getting tradespeople such as yourself to do such work you say you are willing to do because there does seem to be a lack of people working in these fields l Good on you, hope it works out for you.

Just a word of warning, don’t talk about the UK being the “mainland”. There’s a lot of loonies here who take umbrage at that. 

4 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Good luck

I am many others have great difficulties in getting tradespeople such as yourself to do such work you say you are willing to do because there does seem to be a lack of people working in these fields l Good on you, hope it works out for you.

Just a word of warning, don’t talk about the UK being the “mainland”. There’s a lot of loonies here who take umbrage at that. 

Fair enough, people have the same issue round my area (west somerset) however a big issue we come across when quoting for new driveways, patios and fences is people have grand ideas but not the budget to do it, or a cheap job isn't a cheap job anymore.

Got any tickets? In your situation the best thing to do would be to work the season for Dandara or Hartford on one of their big sites cos they always need workers, not great but its regular work and you'll meet people while you find your feet and figure out if the Island is for you. It isn't for everyone.

38 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Got any tickets? In your situation the best thing to do would be to work the season for Dandara or Hartford on one of their big sites cos they always need workers, not great but its regular work and you'll meet people while you find your feet and figure out if the Island is for you. It isn't for everyone.

I had tickets, blue carded for 360 excavator and cscs and a couple of extra but all are expired since I've been working for my self, and working in large sites are not for me anymore, to much stress for the pay, not to mention working conditions can be terrible at times. I spent out over £3000 in tickets just to find a job that pays average at best.