More poor public sector standards

Interested Reader

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

It really isn’t analogous.

Yes, lawyers and medics have access in records to information which their clients or patients have explicitly or by necessary implication consented to or even provided, either for legal advice or medical treatment.

They won’t have the sort of information to access that an SQL trained analyst working for the police will have.

Thanks for that clarification 

48 minutes ago, Interested Reader said:

So you don’t think a “senior analyst” for the police with SQL programming knowledge would be highly paid? They gave his address as Selborn Drive. I’d wager he earns a fair few quid (currently). 

SQL is a simple language to learn, and programmers are 2 a penny. That said, it is a government worker, so more than likely paid too much. 

2 minutes ago, finlo said:

About 95% of the working population would beg to differ!

I don’t think so.

It’s subjective, but I doubt 95 percent would see 50k as highly paid.

Well Paid yes, but highly paid to me and most people I know would be six figures and upwards. Even then it depends on what you do.

15 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

I don’t think so.

Well Paid yes, but highly paid to me and most people I know would be six figures and upwards. Even then it depends on what you do.

Top 23% of population by last earnings survey so @CrazyDave isn't wrong

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

I don’t think so.

If you look at the earnings survey, approximately 85% would at least see it as 'higher paid'.

https://www.gov.im/media/1379748/isle-of-man-earnings-survey-2022-publish_compressed.pdf

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Albert Tatlock said:

If you look at the earnings survey, approximately 85% would at least see it as 'higher paid'.

https://www.gov.im/media/1379748/isle-of-man-earnings-survey-2022-publish_compressed.pdf

You might be right, but I doubt they would see that salary as “highly paid” which is what we were talking about.

I think most people are bright enough to realise that above average, doesn’t necessarily mean “highly”

7 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

You might be right, but I doubt they would see that salary as “highly paid” which is what we were talking about.

I think most people are bright enough to realise that above average, doesn’t necessarily mean “highly”

You do like to split hairs!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, finlo said:

You do like to split hairs!

Or, stick to facts.

The average British adult has sex once a week.  Does that make someone who has sex five times a month highly sexed?

No, of course it doesn’t.

Stating it dod would be exactly the same as saying 50k was “highly paid”

7 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Or, stick to facts.

The average British adult has sex once a week.  Does that make someone who has sex five times a month highly sexed?

No, of course it doesn’t.

Stating it dod would be exactly the same as saying 50k was “highly paid”

It's a very decent wage and one that most people could only dream of!

3 minutes ago, finlo said:

It's a very decent wage and one that most people could only dream of!

I agree it’s a decent wage.  I never said any different.

Most people ca dream of it though.  To earn that doesn’t take any significant experience or qualifications, but we are going way off topic with that line of conversation 

• Haha 1