Another Bank going part time.

CATHYJAY

Just been into Barclays in Ramsey. It appears that as from May the Ramsey branch will only be open on Monday and Friday. Disgraceful. And the decision has been made in the UK. Spoke to counter staff who told me to submit a formal complaint, which I have done. Sorry but not everyone wants to transfer cash online, not everyone is physically able to go to other branches, and not everyone can drive! Hate the fact that customers are just assumed to go with the flow!   

• Like 2

Worse people are frustrated because many transferred their accounts to Barclays after the closure of HSBC, on the promise that Barclays would not be closing. It really is just big business trying to continue on the cheap. What I hate is the total lack of consideration for customers. 

• Like 3

Just now, CATHYJAY said:

Nope. I don't agree.

I can transfer money in seconds using my mobile phone. Few minute job.

Or

I use my petrol. Potentially pay for parking. Walk to the branch. Queue. Identify myself. Give them the details where I want the money to go. Go home. All of which has to be done on a Saturday morning only, as the branch isn't open after I finish work. An hour or two job which can only be done on one day of the week.

It's quite obvious which one is better for me.

• Like 2

Just now, swoopy2110 said:

I can transfer money in seconds using my mobile phone. Few minute job.

Or

I use my petrol. Potentially pay for parking. Walk to the branch. Queue. Identify myself. Give them the details where I want the money to go. Go home. All of which has to be done on a Saturday morning only, as the branch isn't open after I finish work. An hour or two job which can only be done on one day of the week.

It's quite obvious which one is better for me.

Just think options should be left open. Not everyone uses a smart phone. I don't pay for parking because the branch is down the street, there for me is no expense. In UK we suffered online fraud with our bank account, and it was such a difficult thing to resolve. I decided I didn't want to go through that again.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

Haven't stepped foot in a physical bank in 10+ years (maybe once to sign a mortgage doc). There's no need for them to the majority of people, so you can see why it's economical to scale back operations.

You'd think this would be the case with most people, but I remember seeing the huge queues outside IOM Bank, Athol St during Covid.  Then someone sent me a cheque for something and then I had to join in the fun! 

6 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

You'd think this would be the case with most people, but I remember seeing the huge queues outside IOM Bank, Athol St during Covid.  Then someone sent me a cheque for something and then I had to join in the fun! 

Thankfully you can do that on the app now too

21 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

I understand, but I can just take a photo of a cheque and deposit on my phone.

1 hour ago, lfc84 said:

if there's insufficient footfall to justify longer opening hours, it adds weight to the argument for increasing the population

Increasing the population will not lead to a proportionate increase in footfall in bank branches.