Manx Music Festival 2024

4 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

Crikey, how can someone who has been entering several classes every year for getting on for forty years apparently know so little about the marking system? Amazing. 

Eh?

What don’t I know?

It used to be based on technical merit (for want of a better phrase) and adjudicated by people with a lot of experience in the particular discipline they were marking.

Now it’s marked on “performance” by people who don’t necessarily have any experience in the discipline they are judging.

Maybe not in all classes, I assuming the singing classes are still judged by singers? But certainly in some of the others.

Do you disagree?

7 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

Yeah, I really can't be bothered thanks. The marking system was slightly different this year but it was basically just the same as it has ever been. 

Quality cop out that fella.

91 marks.  Distinction.

8 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

What is it you want apart from being spoon fed. 

I want to peruse the results of the 2024 Manx Music Festival. I thought I'd made that clear. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

I want to peruse the results of the 2024 Manx Music Festival. I thought I'd made that clear. 

I guess there is an issue with the website, and actually nobody has noticed or cares because if you need to know the results of a class you probably already know it, saw it on Facebook or heard it on Manx radio.

Have you reported it?  They genuinely might not know.