Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

2 minutes ago, Terminal said:

And then sharing their apparent outrage on social media. Hundreds of comments calling for him to be sacked, when in actual fact 99% had no idea what had even happened, let alone listened to what had been said on the show.

It’s a sad world where a good radio presenter can potentially be taken out as easily as that. 

Yes, so many haven't listened to the full broadcast and when someone asks what was said, an out of context comment is quoted or a link to the listen again which I could not load so gave up, having to fire up my crystal set laptop.  I wonder how many actually did listen to the whole programme. 

9 minutes ago, Terminal said:

It’s a sad world where a good radio presenter can potentially be taken out as easily as that. 

It was definitely a turkey shoot to create publicity for their protest on the 9th June. Looks like the station has folded already and offered one of the callers the chance to have their own radio show to highlight racial issues. Anyone up for a phone blitzkrieg when it airs although I doubt they’d invite feedback? This has certainly been an orchestrated campaign looking at the way and the speed in which the content has been created and shared. 

Edited by Mr Newbie
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Looking at this, which was posted in a private capacity, and the fact the caller specifically mentioned it, it should be pretty obvious that he was baited into this and basically set up. 

Can you be baited into responding to something YOU said a few hours previously? That's not a set up. It's accountability.

• Like 2

Just now, Mr Newbie said:

It was definitely a turkey shoot to create publicity for their protest on the 9th June. Looks like the station has folded already and offered one of the callers the chance to have their own radios show to highlight racial issues. Anyone up for a phone blitzkrieg when it airs? This has certainly been an orchestrated campaign looking at the way and the speed in which the content has been created and shared. 

That's just the speed young people on the internet operate at.

3 minutes ago, HeliX said:

That's just the speed young people on the internet operate at.

Oh yes nobody reads anything and just shares pre packaged made up shite. Just like Brexit. Sorry but this has all the hallmarks of a campaign about it. You don’t just write some of those long critiques in a few hours over the wee small hours and then post them on chosen FB Groups the following morning. It looks like 80% of it was ready to go once the bait had been taken. 

Edited by Mr Newbie
  • Like 1

Just now, HeliX said:

Can you be baited into responding to something YOU said a few hours previously? That's not a set up. It's accountability.

As explained by others in this topic, it's obvious he was set up by people who know each other. This was a planned attempt at getting a reaction, followed up by a fake shitstorm on social media. Because being woke and outraged is all the rage these days, everyone went right with it. Now self righteous wannabe SJWs are telling everyone to check their privilege and I feel like I walked into a South Park episode. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Mr Newbie said:

Oh yes nobody reads anything and just shares pre packaged made up shite. Just like Brexit. Sorry but this has all the hallmarks of a campaign about it. You don’t just write some of those long critiques in a few hours over the wee small hours and then post them on chosen FB Groups the following morning. 

Having witnessed other instances of stories being spread via Twitter, I would disagree.

1 minute ago, Amadeus said:

As explained by others in this topic, it's obvious he was set up by people who know each other. This was a planned attempt at getting a reaction, followed up by a fake shitstorm on social media. Because being woke and outraged is all the rage these days, everyone went right with it. Now self righteous wannabe SJWs are telling everyone to check their privilege and I feel like I walked into a South Park episode. 

That's not at all obvious. Also you can't be "set up" by someone quoting something you had literally just said.

The "SJW" boogeyman isn't real. Never was.

9 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Having witnessed other instances of stories being spread via Twitter, I would disagree.

You can track the basic university groups they’re all linked to on Facebook and Twitter and follow other posts many have made about the protest thats planned for next week. Even Mr Bada$$ has made his account on Twitter private now as it’s totally bloody obvious. They don’t leave a very difficult trail to follow. I’m sure they all think they’re being clever but it was clearly a woke turkey shoot and Peters fell for it hook line and sinker. If you were looking for easy pickings to back your “outrage” campaign you’d have used Peters’ show too. Howard Stern he ain’t. It’s more Alan Partridge than anything else and easy to get what you want with a bit of pushing and some Twitter clusters behind you. 

Edited by Mr Newbie
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Mr Newbie said:

You can track the basic university groups they’re all linked to on Facebook and Twitter and follow other posts many have made about the protest thats planned for next week. Even Mr Bada$$ has made his account on Twitter private now as it’s totally bloody obvious. They don’t leave a very difficult trail to follow. I’m sure they all think they’re being clever but it was clearly a woke turkey shoot and Peters fell for it hook line and sinker. If you were looking for easy pickings to back your “outrage” campaign you’d have used Peters’ show too. Howard Stern he ain’t. It’s more Alan Partridge than anything else and easy to get what you want with a bit of pushing.  

Don't much like Howard Stern either. Perhaps he made his Twitter private because people were trawling back through it to dig up dirt on him to post here. He clearly reads MF since he quoted Stu's own post to him.

• Haha 1

If the first three callers wanted a serious debate, wouldn't you have thought they would have contacted Stu and said  don't agree with your post on MF and I would really like to discuss it with you on your programme.  That forewarning would be, to me, a basic requirement  for an informed and prepared debate, not an ambush in the way it was.  Let's be honest, the show has never been trailed as a serious debating platform.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Don't much like Howard Stern either. 

It could be worse. Stern is quite tame for America. I wonder what the the Manx woke folk would make of Ted Nugents Detroit radio show?

Edited by Mr Newbie