Greenlight Stick The Legal Boot In

Doric

Thought I'd resurrect this thread from yesteryear regarding someone broadcasting live footage of the TT over that there t'internet, and being threatened with legal action by Greenlight TV.

This was over 13 years ago. Facebook was just about unheard of. Facebook Live and such as Watch Parties have only been with us around a year now.

This year I could watch live footage from a number of locations via Facebook. I could follow the leaders around the course. It was excellent.

That's technology today, and it is going to grow and grow of course. I haven't read through this thread but I do seem to remember the current situation being anticipated.

It's interesting to put the topic into retrospect

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great idea, I am sick and tired of watching well edited highlights from multiple locations with a commentary, at a time that suits on ITV4 or ITV Player.

I would much rather sit round waiting for days on end for the live stream to begin subject to fog on the mountain and internet connectivity, surprised the Yanks have not jumped all over this already, fantastic opportunity.

2 minutes ago, fredtosser said:

I hear tell the DED are busy throwing the legal kitchen sink at another local firm who ran the official website and timing systems for years.

I think there may be a few more skeletons about to emerge from Mr Skellys cupboard. 

Would this be Dukes? They had a page up on their timing site (that I tried to log onto as per normal during first race) indicating that they hadn't had their licence renewed. Although it was slightly less vitriolic than the Busmann app page :lol:

45 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

do they pop over on a freebie at our expense?

They actually did some team sponsorship this year, so they are at least trying to give the appearance of being keen.  The initial announcement last October seemed to imply that 2019 would be the first year they were involved on the commercial side as well.  Of course how much money is involved and which way it flows is another matter.  The pres releases seem carefully ambiguous.

Archived