Greenlight Stick The Legal Boot In

Doric

Edited to add that 'click' seems these days to be an acceptable Anglicized version of 'clique'.

Says who? The only place I ever see people use 'click' is on internet forums where they don't know any better.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New Shorter Oxford English Dictionary.

Although Common Errors In English Usage suggests it is an error. But the author doesn't have as much clout as the Oxford Dictionary, an organisation which I admit seems to be falling into decadence these past years.

and edited to say that I knew I shouldn't have attempted to pull Grumble up on that point !

No flounce then?

No!

Hah, I was going through my messages and I saw one someone sent me with a paste of a post you made on another forum as soon as you minced off from here entitled 'Rog is pissed off'. Yeah, no flounce. The same message had a couple of nice quotes from FCMR posting as 'happy' on that forum, I thought he had a court order or something preventing him talking about it, bad boy.

And the £10 you cost me was from when I bet Jacqueline £10 that you'd be a man of your word and leave. More fool me for giving you credit eh?

New Shorter Oxford English Dictionary.

Although Common Errors In English Usage suggests it is an error. But the author doesn't have as much clout as the Oxford Dictionary, an organisation which I admit seems to be falling into decadence these past years.

That's kinda sad really, that a common error because acceptable because people are too lazy to get it right. Eagerly awaitng them to replace 'you're' and 'your' with a single 'ur' to avoid confusion :(

No flounce then?

No!

Hah, I was going through my messages and I saw one someone sent me with a paste of a post you made on another forum as soon as you minced off from here entitled 'Rog is pissed off'. Yeah, no flounce. The same message had a couple of nice quotes from FCMR posting as 'happy' on that forum, I thought he had a court order or something preventing him talking about it, bad boy.

And the £10 you cost me was from when I bet Jacqueline £10 that you'd be a man of your word and leave. More fool me for giving you credit eh?

Oh I admit that I was pissed off but that was all.

What pissed me off is the thought of the cold arctinic light of publicity not being focused at every opportunity onto a person who I consider is nothing short of a disgrace to the Island.

However I’m delighted to think that I’ve cost you a tenner, maybe it will go to a good cause such as the Manx Cat Sanctuary! Now there WOULD be a bit of poetic justice all round!

So years ago when some of the German channels came over and filmed that was because there was no rights to coverage of the races? Does that mean that those German channels either don't show footage or have to buy the footage of Greenlight?

How long have Greenlight got the right to film the TT?

Monoplies are wrong.... Amateur's produce some of the best work; and I want to have a choice..

Stop Grumbling, 'Click' or 'Clique' is irrelavant.. Are you really that boring... Or has the topic gone way over your head and you're resorting to semantics....

Why not utilise excellent local resources when you have them?

If they put it to tender and it went to an off-Island company, you would all be moaning about the damage to the local economy, money going off island, loss of jobs in that area...... blah, blah, blah.......

Stop turning it into yet another conspiracy theory, and accept it at face value. A manx company covering a manx event generating money for the manx economy.

And doing a great job of it as well.

Monoplies are wrong.... Amateur's produce some of the best work; and I want to have a choice..

Quite right! And I don't want to listen to all that rubbish on Radio TT - I want to hear the race commentary from the BBC North Home Service on the wireless, the way God made it!

Why not utilise excellent local resources when you have them?

If they put it to tender and it went to an off-Island company, you would all be moaning about the damage to the local economy, money going off island, loss of jobs in that area...... blah, blah, blah.......

Stop turning it into yet another conspiracy theory, and accept it at face value. A manx company covering a manx event generating money for the manx economy.

And doing a great job of it as well.

The issue is has someone sold a thing that is not within their right TO sell, and why is it so difficult to find out where the money ends up in Greenlight.

There is a VERY bad smell about all of this.

Of course someone has the right to sell it.

Just as F1, the TT event (and everything that goes with it) is owned, and rights packages can, therefore, be sold.

And what you're probalby smelling is all that shit on the Norfolk fields.

Rog,

What is your problem; the Government through the DTL own the rights which they have sold to Greenlight for a period of time. I think the contract was for 5 years with an option to extend for a further two years.

Why do you think you should that it’s any of your concern what Greenlight does with its money. Don’t you understand the concept of companies making money, would you be happy to tell the forum members what you do with any money you or your company earns? I very much doubt it.

Archived