Greenlight Stick The Legal Boot In

Doric

If no to either of the above then I can't really see how they can complain about anyone else filming or photographing similar footage. They might try to complain but I very much doubt that their complaints would stand legal scrutiny.

The event is held on public roads and there is nothing in the road closure orders to prevent people filming or broadcasting events held on those roads.

I wonder if it is something to do with the use of the name "TT" ? Could be they have the exclusive rights to broadcast an event with that name ?

editorial reporting can never infringe any trademark AFAIK.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO - editorial reporting can never infringe any trademark AFAIK.

Ok I would go along with that Simon. So where does that leave our friends with the amateur vid posted on their web site ?

Ultimately the site owners would need to be confident of their own legal advice.

But this is probably a storm in teacup. I doubt that they all want to fall out with each other.

Ermm, without wanting to throw a spanner in the works, the event and the roads on which it is executed are two completely different things! Just as filming of it and broadcasting that filming is. I'll not get into the intricacies of who owns a photographed image, and who retains the copyright, (not the same thing). It will just scramble your brain, as it has mine!

Suffice to say, Greenlight, being a professional outfit, will take steps to protect its clients' interests and will have the muscle to fire off letters from credible lawyers, whereas the owners of the website will not.

Lets face it, IPRs are big lawyer earners at the moment, so you can expect large bills no matter what the moral (or, even legal) rights and wrongs may be.

I was spectatorally (is that a word? Well, it is now.) involved in a Maxwell matter just before he took his last swim. No possible infringement of Maxwell income, real or prospective, or reputation/market position, but he could, and would, hit with a heavy hammer!

Sorry to go off thread a little, but I wish the one who calls himself 'Theskeat' would learn that the Manx Motorcycle Club use a quite well known acronym of MMCC and not IOMCC. A small point maybe, but in keeping with the general inaccuracies potrayed in many of the spurious posts made by the one who calls himself 'Theskeat'.

From the Iomtt.com message board

After trying to sort out the corrupt files, I have failed.

I've had to reload all the files and start again.

Sorry about that, will never know what happened.

Video's will be available again shortly.

Looks like it's temporary.

No flounce then?

No!

Just a tad ticked off that the spotlight on a particularly nasty piece of work seems to have been turned down when it should be burning white hot and coming from all angles.

Archived