Top Gear Presenter In Critical Condition

TerryMcCann

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't remember them ever condoning reckless behaviour on open roads but sure you will correct me....

Now you seem to be putting words in my mouth, wasn't quite what I said was it? Watch Top Gear and tell me that they are not obsessed with speed and fast cars. Now I'm of the opinion that this is irresponsible, you can make your own mind up. Let me clarify my position - I have no interest in getting the show banned just because I think it is a load of drivel. Hammond, Clarkson et al can do whatever they please as long as they don't run me over. I am totally indifferent. I just find it ironic (and this was my only point) that for a man who (IMO) encourages irresponsible behaviour almost kills himself with such aforementioned irresponsible behaviour. Now here's some more irony - for all the bluster from the (overly sensitive) petrolheads about constant criticism from the anti car brigade I think they are by far the most vociferous and perhaps even a little whiny? lol, lol...

It was hardly irresponsible behaviour was it, numpty? If he'd been trying to break the land speed record on the M6 at rush hour, in a Corsa with a kids in the back (not on booster seats....) then that would be irresponsible. He was trying to break the British land speed record, in a car specially made for the job, on an airfield. In your view, is F1 irresponsible too then? I mean, they're racing each other at 150mph with thousands of spectators metres away from them. Why hasn't H&S banned it yet goddammit!!!?

is F1 irresponsible too then? I mean, they're racing each other at 150mph with thousands of spectators metres away from them. Why hasn't H&S banned it yet goddammit!!!?

Same question I was going to ask but you beat me to it!

By his rationale it should be.

...but tell me anyway who's the biggest numpty(oo, I feel all street now innit), me or Hammond? (What with me not being the one languishing in hospital right now).

I don't see how that makes him a numpty tbh. He didn't try and do something outrageously stupid, he wasn't stood on a tea tray being dragged behind the machine Jack-ass style. If he'd have been trying something like that I would agree with you. If they thought the risk to his life was that great, he wouldn't have been allowed to do it and I doubt he himself would've evaluated the risks to less of an extent than the BBCs insures did. He's in hospital because you can't always account for everything and sometimes things go wrong.

The chances of him crashing and injuring himself to that degree were probably quite slim as it was a freak accident, I don't know what the chances of it were and I'm guessing neither do you. If the chances of him injuring himself in that 'car' turned out to be less than the chances of you being seriously injured driving to work, would you stop working?

Archived